“Good option in Tauranga”
Review of City Suites

City Suites
Ranked #9 of 57 Hotels in Tauranga
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Not my 1st choice in Tauranga as i would stay at the Hotel on Devonport, however from the TA reviews, i thought i would give it a go.

Studio was HUGE and lead out to a lovely courtyard. Comfy bed, Sky TV (with a movie channel), parking. Everything was perfect.
I really rate this hotel as couple who ran it were lovely and very helpful.

If you stay in Tauranga the two places mentioned provide the best service and great accommodation.

Room Tip: Studio is a great room and the other rooms are probably twice as big!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Hotarm, Manager at City Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. We were pleased that your stay with us met all of your needs and expectations. The secure underground parking is definitely a bonus, and it was good to see that you took advantage of our outdoor area. It is lovely in this weather. We hope to see you again when you return to Tauranga.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

10/10 for everything. This is the best place to stay in taurnaga! Would recommend to anyone and everyone. Love the rooms and the location. So central to everything. Great service they go the extra mile. I really appreciated your help? Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: 3 was a great with the patio and the doors
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure helping you and we are so pleased that everything went well. We look forward to welcoming you back for a relaxing stay.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We booked for one night to allow my husband to attend the Skin Clinic before 8 am the next day. We did not know it we would need another night so the owners kindly said they would hold the room for us - we didn't need it - but so appreciated the care, concern and flexibility they offered.
Our 1 bedroom suite was great - we especially like the balconey we could sit on and eat our evening meal. Yes we would stay again. Wonderlly central for Tauranga.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. We hope your husband is fit and well. We are pleased to see that you took advantage of our balcony and enjoyed sitting out in the evening sun. We look forward to seeing you again here at City Suites.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

So in my last review I ended by saying I would come back again and again.... well, I have kept my word. I have stayed at this hotel a total of 38 nights over 36 weeks this year so far.

Seeing so much of one hotel, you would expect to start seeing the cracks in service, facilities etc. The types of things you wouldn't necessarily notice on a single visit.
I am very happy to report that this is most definitely not the case. In fact the exact opposite is true.
I have seen the best in Service I have ever received from a hotel anywhere in the world (and I have travelled to 455 cities in 16 countries). I have seen the introduction of a mini bar at prices you couldn't get from the local pub. I have enjoyed countless full breakfasts masterfully prepared by Peter.

In a nutshell.... if you want a comfortable room, superb service and an overall good stay at a hotel that is close to just about everything, then this is the place to stay!

(And my wife says she is very impressed too :o) )

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor to towards the rear of the hotel. Room 22 is a good choice :)
1  Thank Viaan
Hotarm, Manager at City Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Wow, thank you for all of your kind words. We are pleased that after all this time you are still happy, and still find it pleasant to stay with us. We hope that you never find those cracks for as long as you stay with us! It is lovely having you here, and we welcome you and your wife back every time.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Hands down one of the best hotels in the area, I would recommend to anyone visiting Tauranga to spend the night in the luxuary accommodation that only the City Suites can provide. Combined with remarkable customer service you need look no further.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

We are very pleased that you were impressed with your stay, and thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was lovely having you to stay, and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I recently stayed at City Suites and was blown away by how incredibly friendly and helpful the owners were. I travel a lot for work and have stayed at a lot of hotels and motels, but I have never come across people as friendly and happy to help make my stay really enjoyable. I wanted to go for a run, but mentioned I didn't want to go too far as my back was a bit sore, so they lent me a mountain bike to go for a ride instead! They also went out of their way to help me get an urgent document printed and scanned. I recommend the City Suites very highly if you are looking for a great place to staty in Tauranga.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for all your kind words. We were only too pleased to make your stay a memorable one. We are happy that you enjoyed your bike rides and hope your back is better. We look forward to seeing you again if you are back this way.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Always a great place to stay for the room appointment, location close to the city and bridge to the Mt. Also a conference facility with easy access and all the normal meeting requirements.
However on this occasion the service and efficiency of the meet, greet and check left something to be desired. Very unusually we also got asked to close the bill by 10am when we are here all day for a meeting. Just needs a little bit more polish for the customer service side of the facility.

Room Tip: room 10 ideal
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give your comments on your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed our facilities, particularly our conference room. We are sorry that we slipped up on the service aspect of your stay. We take pride in making all our guests feel welcome, and try to ensure that their stay is an enjoyable and comfortable one. We appreciate your feedback and will try to improve the way we handle our conference guests' acommodation payments. Thank you once again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to City Suites.