All reviewsmills reeflocal shopping areastayed heregreat amenitiesspacious roomseparate bedroomlounge areaenjoyed my stayfantastic staywould stay againvisiting taurangaa great place to staywinerymattunithostswedding
Reviewed September 24, 2017

I enjoyed my stay here - not exactly any wow factor however all the little details had been thought of, and the room was not lacking in anything.

Plenty of space, good amount of comfortable furniture, little dining table and comfortable bed, full kitchen facilities and in very good nick.

Whilst the bathrooms were a little older the shower pressure was excellent and the heat as well, all clean and presentable.

Wifi was quite slow the first night although it improved the second, possibly just higher demand, although wasn't up to the standard of what I would have expected.

Location is good, away from the hustle & bustle a bit and close to the Bethlehem shops and eateries, The Orchard is well worth a visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Matt and Saho G, Manager at Bethlehem Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Bethlehem is a great place to visit just outside of the Tauranga CBD 10minutes drive, and the Bethlehem town centre is caters for most needs in food & beverage also just a 10 minute walk away. Our Wifi is Fibre and unlimited so not sure way it would have been slow on the first night. Thank you again and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Ive stayed here a few times.

What i love is the rooms are so clean with great amenities.

The bed (Sleepyhead Elegance) are bliss. In fact when i read on their website that they use this bed i was sold.

The rooms have a modern and refreshing decor.

This time round i needed to switch rooms...the hosts were great about this and sorted out a new room ASAP.

Its close to the Bethleham shops which are pretty cool to stroll around.

All in all a very enjoyable and relaxing stay.

Thank you!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Matt and Saho G, Manager at Bethlehem Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review, we love hearing positive feedback. Bethlehem is a great little area with everything one needs within walking distance to the Bethlehem Town Centre. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Charming & very spacious room. Impressed with the kitchen area. Strong wifi. Place even had a trampoline which was really cool.
Location was a bit far out from the town. There were flies & mosquitoes in the room.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Matt and Saho G, Manager at Bethlehem Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thank you for your review, glad to here you enjoyed your stay. We are located 10 minutes out of the CBD by car but that is often preferred by some customers as it is much quieter than being in town by busy roads. Due to being winter and the large amount of rain that we have been having flies etc are going to come inside if window and doors are left open, in saying that we do have a pesticide routine that proves very effective for both inside and outside the rooms.
Thank you hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2017

I recently stayed at the Bethlehem Motor Inn for two nights while on a business trip. I've stayed here several times over the past couple of years and previously reviewed it very positively. However, there's been a deterioration in room quality over the past 12 months in particular and its reached the point for me where the lack of attention to maintenance and cleanliness is such that it no longer meets my expectations.

I've attached photos of a couple of things to illustrate my point. One shows the peeling paint around a light socket in a bathroom and the other a crumb and stain-covered chair in the kitchen/lounge area (both photos were taken upon arrival). Other issues included hair in the supposedly clean shower and unrepaired damage to the plaster cladding outside the main door.

I didn't report these issues to the acting managers because they weren't of sufficient significance in their own right to warrant it (I also don't consider it my job to do a manager's inspection work for them). For me it's really a case of seeing them in the broader context of a steady decline in quality over the time I've been staying at the motel.

The motel is still basically fine and it's in a very convenient location. It will therefore undoubtedly continue to meet the needs of many people. However, from my perspective there are now better alternatives available in Tauranga.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank neutron0911
Matt and Saho G, Manager at Bethlehem Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to draw your concerns to us while we have been away from the motel for our once a year family holiday over the past two weeks, certainly not the standard I or my wife approve of as you will read in other reviews, and we will be addressing the issues you have raised when we return to work tomorrow. We do check our rooms after our cleaners have finished and do get them to fix anything they have missed so that they learn and are aware of our standards. Unfortunately like i am sure you do we do have to take a break away from work to get refreshed as it is a 7 day a week life we live when running a motel. We are continuously working to improve our rooms and stay on top of any issues that may come up along the way preventing them from happening when ever possible.

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay and you expectations were not met we will look to improve our performance as a motel to hopefully prevent such issues in the future.

Kind regards
Matt & Saho

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

Was recommended by a family member to stay here. The rooms we had was spacious and one was set up for disabled patrons if needed( call button service...seat in large shower area and wheelchair ramp entering the room and the other room had a nice deep bath with shower over the bath. Staff were very friendly and added a porta cot in the room with the bath for our grandson. We will be back to stay!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Matt and Saho G, Manager at Bethlehem Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Thank you Mrs Murray for you kind review, we are glad you had a comfortable stay and will return to our motel in the future if needed. We love hearing postive feedback from our guests and we are always working hard to make sure guests requirements are met when possible.