“Shelter from the storm”

Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Tauranga
HamiltonNZ
“Shelter from the storm”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I decided instead of driving home during a storm I would stay the night here. I was a drive in and meet a lovely guy at reception who not only booked me in quickly, but also showed me to my room. A lovely touch.
I stayed in a studio room. It was well appointed and had a small but functional kitchen and one of the best LCD TV screens Ive seen in a long time in a motel. The bed was nice, firm and comfortable and there was lots of space in the room. I stayed during a storm and all I heard all night was the rain...it was super quiet. I was actually watching a couple leave their room the next morning out the window from my room and I was surprised that when the man slammed his door shut. Even though I was really close...I didnt hear a thing. It is very well insulated.

The Motel is close to the Bethliaham shopping centre which has all you need and its close to the motorway into the city and the bypass to the Mount. The highlight however, was the big beautiful bath. It was also a bonus that you could see the TV from the bath as well. :-)

However, my one suggestion is....for them to consider putting in a solid step to help get into the bath (which is also the shower) and also some hand rails. I am very able bodied...but even I found it a bit uneasy steping in and out of the bath as it is set quite high up. Just a suggestion though....please dont get rid of the bath :-). Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room down the back...to avoid any possible road noise
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Gold Coast
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Bethlehem Motor Inn on the recommendation of our friends who live nearby. We found it comfortable, clean and well maintained. The staff and owners were a pleasure to deal with and very friendly. Would highly recommend this motor inn.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We paid a great deal more than we expected to. We left with some sort of bites all over our legs. Lloyd neglected to inform me that I was incorrect in suggesting my bother had a booking over the same period. this was borderline. Felt somewhat controlled. As the customer we should be pampered 4.5 star? Hmmm not in my opinion.
The spa room needs urgent attention. facilities were as one would expect but the non helpful advice to attain wifi was very frustration. Is this what we get when the son has a job in the motel?
$370.00 for two nights? a bit steep.

Room Tip: As i've said advertised free broadband but ???? no help in attaining access.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
lloyd59, Owner at Bethlehem Motor Inn and Conference Venue, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We have an advertised tariff, and confirmed on your arrival. Could the bites be from the beach?? I apologise for not being aware of your brothers booking, as we do not generally know the relationship of our guests. The 4.5 star rating is by Qualmark, and we accept it. The broadband is hard wired and free, plug in and go (ethernet cables supplied for those who require), but we are in the process of getting wireless as well.
We are in the hospitality industry and happy to assist, so we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Tauranga.
Best wishes,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Travelled with "The Shepherds" see their review.. Great hotel and yes we stayed for only one night, but enjoyed it a lot. Our welcome was warm and friendly, we were given directions to the local winery. The rooms are very spacious and airy as was a warm day. The lounge, kitchen area was very spacious. We had 3 boys so one was on the sofa bed but slept well all the same.The bathroom was huge and the kids loved the spa after their swim in the pool. We enjoyed the tennis court and had a hit but only after we had a short walk down the road, 200m in fact, to Mills Reef Winery where we sampled some lovely wines. The hotel is out of Tauranga but it didnt take us long to get into the city centre the next day.

Room Tip: Quiet location so all should be good.. We had unit 14 which is down the back.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brissylads
lloyd59, Owner at Bethlehem Motor Inn and Conference Venue, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased to be of service and look forward to seeing you at Bethlehem Motor Inn in the future.
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Whilst we only staid for one night this is a great little motor inn. Our welcome was pleasant and genuine, our rooms in the 2 bedroom unit were spacious and very clean and it was nice having a large bathroom for a change. The pool, spa and tennis court are in very good condition. Whilst outside the main town in the suburb of Tauranga it is only a couple of minutes drive and has the bonus of being very quiet. A bonus for us was its closeness to a winery. Another family traveling with us were also impressed with the quality of this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank theshepherds
lloyd59, Owner at Bethlehem Motor Inn and Conference Venue, responded to this review, January 29, 2012
Always a pleasure to have nice people come and stay with us, a pleasure to be of service. We look forward to providing for your requirements here in Tauranga on your future visits.
Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I have had the pleasure of staying at Bethleham Motor Inn twice (2010 & 11) and have nothing but praise for the place - excellent value, super clean and very accomodating hosts. Oh and lovely swimming pool!
Just about to book our News Years stay now.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Lancs
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I have only rated this average because nothing really stands out about it. There are worse places to stay, and better too. That said I had a comfortable sleep, and the unit itself was clean and adequate, and the staff were very nice.

A good place to spend the night before going onwards along the Bay of Plenty.

• Stayed October 2010