“Canoe and Kayak Glow Worm Tour”

Canoe & Kayak Bay of Plenty
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak adventures, including Glow Worm kayaking in the dark, that will get you off the beaten track and give you a taste of the real NZ. Personal, guided kayak tours that ensure you discover some unforgettable places. Glow Worm Kayaking & Bush Walk Tour - an adventure kayaking and walking in the dark to see the glow worms, hear the wildlife and see the southern stars. Get up close and personal to these incredible illuminated creatures. This is a truly magical and special place in NZ. Simply a must do if you're in the area. Round the Mount Kayak Tour - a sealife safari exploring the rocky shores of the iconic Mauao extinct volcano with it's Maori tales and history. Paddle to the reserve islands just off shore to view the seals and spot a blue penguin. Adventure, nature and culture all rolled in to one trip. Lake McLaren Kayak & Waterfall Tour - a relaxed paddle and short walk exploring the native flora and fauna of this secluded lake and the surrounding bush. Explore the secluded hidden waterway and take a short walk through the native bush to a pretty waterfall. Ideal for families or those wanting their first taste of kayaking in beautiful surroundings.
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Estelle and Dave were fantastic hosts and I was blown away by the whole experience. Very professionally run with extra friendly guides. Despite having this beautiful location on my doorstep most of my life, I never even knew the Canoe and Kayak Glow Worm tour existed until yesterday. I will definitely be back and will take friends and visitors to experience as well. Thanks heaps guys.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently did the Lake McLaren kayak tour with Canoe & Kayak with some friends, we drove from Rotorua which took approx 1hour. We met Sal (our instructor / guide) who met us at the Cafe at McLaren Falls, and followed her to where we launched the kayaks. Sal was fabulous, very knowledgeable about the area and also her experience / knowledge of kayaking was fantastic.

I have never done kayaking before and found this to be a great introduction to it. After our safety briefing and instruction on how to get in / out of the kayaks and how to steer them we were on our way. It was a perfect morning, beautiful scenery and even though we finished a little earlier than expected so Sal showed us a lovely waterfall nearby that we walked to. I thought this was very considerate! Thanks Sal.

I would certainly recommend this to anyone or a family where you want to all do something together, the lake was a great place to start if you havent done kayaking before plus the scenery is just stunning.

The cafe at McLaren Falls is also fantastic.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had an absolutely amazing time. Dave will guide you well and even with absolute novices like us, it became very easy to enjoy the scenery along with the kayaking. Highly recommend

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I work for a local company arranging trips for students and decided to arrange a trip to the Night Time Glow Worm Kayak Tour with Canoe and Kayak BOP. Not only were Estelle and Dave awesome people to deal with and really understanding of the sometimes challenging job of organising time and money with students they were bubbly, bright and fun!

The trip itself was INCREDIBLE I almost don't want to recommend to anyone else because I want it kept a secret it was soooo cool. I can't believe I have lived nearby nearly all my life and never knew such an aweomse, natural phenomena was there!
We were on time, had all our needs provided for, kayaked safely through the dark, HEARD A KIWI CALLING from the bush :o and saw the most beautiful display of glow worms in the canyon it was like kayaking through the stars!
Then to top it off, we were given hot drinks and chocolate at the end and dropped back to the school in their van.
Good on ya guys, wicked trip you have!!! :)

Estelle L, Owner at Canoe & Kayak Bay of Plenty, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

It was such a fun evening and the whole group really embraced the essence of kayaking in the dark to the glow worms. So glad we could surprise a local and show you something you didn't know existed so close to home. Welcome to join us any time and show some more students just what lies in the hills near by in the future.
Thanks for joining us on the water.