“The she said yes tour”

Canoe & Kayak Bay of Plenty
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak adventures, including Glow Worm kayaking in the dark, that will get you off the beaten track and give you a taste of the real NZ. Personal, guided kayak tours that ensure you discover some unforgettable places. Glow Worm Kayaking & Bush Walk Tour - an adventure kayaking and walking in the dark to see the glow worms, hear the wildlife and see the southern stars. Get up close and personal to these incredible illuminated creatures. This is a truly magical and special place in NZ. Simply a must do if you're in the area. Round the Mount Kayak Tour - a sealife safari exploring the rocky shores of the iconic Mauao extinct volcano with it's Maori tales and history. Paddle to the reserve islands just off shore to view the seals and spot a blue penguin. Adventure, nature and culture all rolled in to one trip. Lake McLaren Kayak & Waterfall Tour - a relaxed paddle and short walk exploring the native flora and fauna of this secluded lake and the surrounding bush. Explore the secluded hidden waterway and take a short walk through the native bush to a pretty waterfall. Ideal for families or those wanting their first taste of kayaking in beautiful surroundings.
Canberra, Australia
“The she said yes tour”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Such an excellent thing to do! Estelle from Canoe and Kayak BOP planned a wonder day for my partner (now fiancé after this tour) and I. We had such a wonderful day and will never forget it. I highly recommend this!!! It is such a beautiful part of the world and it is a great way to see it, you will be well looked after.

Visited June 2013

Wailuku, Hawaii
“Great personal service”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was interested in going on the glow worm tour but was travelling by myself so could only book it if another group was booking a tour that day as well. Unfortunately, no one else booked so I didn't get to go on my tour. The folks at Canoe and Kayak were incredibly attentive however. They sent me several emails leading up to the day I wanted to take my tour letting me know that there were no other bookings but that they would contact me if there were. While I didn't get to go on the tour, I was still left with a positive opinion of this company

Visited May 2013
United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect morning on the lake”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I can't recommend the Lake McClaren tour highly enough. It helped that we also had perfect weather, it was a beautiful autumn day. Our guide Dan was friendly, informative and organised everything well, and took some great photos for us. It was great to just be able to relax and enjoy the scenery without taking photos for a change! I am putting the glow worm night tour on my list for my next visit. It took about 3 hours and we spent at least 2 hours on the water. If all goes to plan you really shouldn't get wet at all, and the paddling wasn't hard work if you are reasonably fit, but no previous experience is needed. A must do activity!

Visited May 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Glow Worm Canyon”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

What a trip, my son and i loved every minute. If you get a chance to do this, take it up. Our guide dan was the perfect host and the lake park itself is spectacular. And the glowworms were too.

Visited April 2013
Leuven, Belgium
“Nice scenery,wonderful team”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

im not gonna talk so much about the scenery(its just breathless), but ill talk more on the people behind this tour. we went to the shop not so far from central tauranga and manganui, and greeted by the nice lady ad her dogs. i forgot whats her name but she's real friendly and helpful. dan is our instructor and we can see that this guy loves his job and enjoy sharing the beauty of that place with us. there are 6 of us and he's really patient with us(all of us are lousy kayakers,and most are first timers).he is a good teacher.treat us with respect even when giving out steering instructions to us. u go to some other tour and u have the instructor barking at u on what to do, but not this one. so yea, thescenery itself are beautiful, but the people behind this tour is what makes it even more enjoyable.

Visited April 2013