“Fantastic B&B experience with charming hosts”
Review of Seascape Villa B&B

Seascape Villa B&B
Ranked #2 of 27 Tauranga B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We stayed one night at Seascape Villa and after a long day of driving, were very appreciative of the warm welcome, modern, comfortable room, and delightful 'welcome plate'. David and Tatiana were great hosts, and although we hadn't booked to have dinner at the house, they invited us to eat and relax with them, to save us having to go out again that evening, which was also appreciated. We enjoyed a lovely evening talking to them and sampling Tatiana's cooking, alongside several different NZ wines.

Staying at Seascape Villa was a delightful experience and we would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Seascape Villa B&B

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Amazing place… We stayed one night and really regretted having to leave so soon. David and Tatiana made us feel immediately welcome, and it was clear that they were 100% dedicated to the well-being of their guests. They run this B&B both with a lot of professionalism (they both have a background in hospitality) and with visible passion, how much better can it get...

A few highlights:
-Upon arrival we were greeted with a huge tray of home-made sandwiches, cheese, meat, fruit, biscuits etc., served with wine on their balcony, really very nice! The nice company and the beautiful view made this a special moment.
-David and Tatiana are really easy to socialize with, and have lots of nice stories to tell.
-We chose to have dinner at the B&B, and it was remarkable. Tatiana cooks wonderfully – both the presentation and the general quality of the food exceeded what you find in most restaurants. The small Russian touches added also a special charm to it!
-The breakfast was very good too, and it had everything you could wish for (fruit, yoghurt, cereals, eggs etc.)
-Modern villa, with a nice room and a well-appointed ensuite bathroom
-Free wireless internet.

The Seascape villa ranks definitely among the nicest B&Bs we have visited and we really hope we will have the chance to pass Tauranga again in the future for a new visit to David and Tatiana!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2010

A lovely modern and contemporary B&B, with excellent & charming hosts, David & Tatiana. David has been in the hospitality biz for years, and knows how to please a guest! It was our second day in NZ and we were a bit stressed after driving all day and trying to find our way arround. We felt very welcomed when we were greeted in the parking lot with a warm handshake and welcomed help with our baggage.

The newly remodled room and bath were well appointed, and included a heated towel rack. By US standards, our room was a bit small with a king bed, and tight if you have lots of large lugage. After resting on the beautiful bed linens, we were offered a beverage of choice with an appetizer tray, and an opportunity to have a gourmet dinner with them!

Another couple from the US was detained and arrived very late (after 8:00 pm) but David & Tatiana greeted them warmly, cooked them a fabulous meal, and hosted them until 11 pm! (Truthfully, while they accomadated their other guests with a great dining experience, it was a bit noisy for us with the wooden floor, as the dining room was just above our room. Yet, they tried to be quiet, and we were so exhausted, that we didnt mind and appreciated our hosts taking such good care of their guests.

New Zealander's are so relaxed and freindly, and David & Tatiana were a true delight (thanks much, you two!)!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I arrived at Seascape Villas on 5th November 2010 after a long haul flight from the UK. My hosts David and Tatiana were waiting for my arrival and welcomed me at the door. David took my luggage and Tatiana showed me to my room and I immediately felt that I had made the right choice in staying with this couple for 10 days. They gave me some time to settle in and explore my room and invited me to join them for supper and drinks. They served a 3 course meal which was absolutely delicious and was restaurant quality.

The standard of accommodation at Seascape Villas is amazing. The rooms are very clean and tastefully decorated. The en-suite shower room is fabulous with an excellent shower. The bed is extremely comfortable and I always had a great sleep.

Breakfast the next morning was also delicious and there was a wide choice of food available and lots of it. (there is always lots of food at every meal with these guys) and the service was again first class.

After breakfast David and Tatiana offered to drive me around Tauranga and surrounding areas to give me a feel of the place where I was visiting. They showed me where to catch buses from and gave me a timetable so I could get around easily.

My first day was absolutely amazing and I loved exploring - it was made so much easier with the information provided to me by my hosts. After a day exploring I arrived back at the Villa at about 5.30 to find more guests had arrived and I was immediately invited into their company, offered a snack and a glass of wine. I was staying for dinner that evening and again the quality and amount of food on offer was excellent.

I stayed with David and Tatiana for 10 days from which I sampled a wide range of excellent food, great hospitality and some excellent company. They are meant to be in the hospitality business and have had the most interesting lives to date and their stories are amazing to listen to.

Nothing was too much trouble - they even did my washing! Tatiana was like a sister and David was the long suffering husband who had to listen to us talk fashion and shoes. (He loved it really)

I met some great people when staying here and have left New Zealand with some excellent memories and consider David and Tatiana to be great friends. I have told everyone about my stay at Seascape Villas and one lady on the plane back to the UK even asked me for details of the B & B (from which I gladly provided)

If you are travelling to Tauranga or surrounding areas on business or pleasure for 1 night or more I suggest you give this place serious consideration. You will not be disappointed and I intend to return in the future.

(I could say loads more about this place but I was there 10 days! David and Tatiana are like family now and I miss them very dearly)

Amber Welsh - Newcastle, United Kingdom

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Amber2808
Reviewed October 8, 2010

David and Tatiana were very welcoming hosts. The room was comfortable and spotless. We took the option of dinner which was great

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We were guided to this property by previous top reviews and were certainly not dissappointed in any way.
David and Tatiana definitely know the hospitality industry providing both class and quality in abundance. From the best percale linnen to the Royal Doulton bone china everything is a class act in this stylish, very friendly and welcoming boutique B & B. Nothing was too much trouble - we were treated like VIP's. I only wish we had stayed longer and that we were able to enjoy one of Tatiana's dinners which by all accounts, and if breakfast was anything to go by, should not have been missed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed at the Seascape Villa for a few days in late August and had a brilliant time! David and Tatiana were such welcoming hosts that I felt like I was visiting old friends! They really go all out to make your stay as comfortable as possible and they have lots of great pointers on interesting things to see and do around Tauranga and New Zealand.
This is one of the best B&B's I've stayed at and I would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of visiting Tauranga.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple