“Lovely B&B and David & Tatiana are the Best Hosts!”
Review of Seascape Villa B&B

Seascape Villa B&B
Ranked #2 of 29 Tauranga B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 1, 2010

A lovely modern and contemporary B&B, with excellent & charming hosts, David & Tatiana. David has been in the hospitality biz for years, and knows how to please a guest! It was our second day in NZ and we were a bit stressed after driving all day and trying to find our way arround. We felt very welcomed when we were greeted in the parking lot with a warm handshake and welcomed help with our baggage.

The newly remodled room and bath were well appointed, and included a heated towel rack. By US standards, our room was a bit small with a king bed, and tight if you have lots of large lugage. After resting on the beautiful bed linens, we were offered a beverage of choice with an appetizer tray, and an opportunity to have a gourmet dinner with them!

Another couple from the US was detained and arrived very late (after 8:00 pm) but David & Tatiana greeted them warmly, cooked them a fabulous meal, and hosted them until 11 pm! (Truthfully, while they accomadated their other guests with a great dining experience, it was a bit noisy for us with the wooden floor, as the dining room was just above our room. Yet, they tried to be quiet, and we were so exhausted, that we didnt mind and appreciated our hosts taking such good care of their guests.

New Zealander's are so relaxed and freindly, and David & Tatiana were a true delight (thanks much, you two!)!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 21, 2010

I arrived at Seascape Villas on 5th November 2010 after a long haul flight from the UK. My hosts David and Tatiana were waiting for my arrival and welcomed me at the door. David took my luggage and Tatiana showed me to my room and I immediately felt that I had made the right choice in staying with this couple for 10 days. They gave me some time to settle in and explore my room and invited me to join them for supper and drinks. They served a 3 course meal which was absolutely delicious and was restaurant quality.

The standard of accommodation at Seascape Villas is amazing. The rooms are very clean and tastefully decorated. The en-suite shower room is fabulous with an excellent shower. The bed is extremely comfortable and I always had a great sleep.

Breakfast the next morning was also delicious and there was a wide choice of food available and lots of it. (there is always lots of food at every meal with these guys) and the service was again first class.

After breakfast David and Tatiana offered to drive me around Tauranga and surrounding areas to give me a feel of the place where I was visiting. They showed me where to catch buses from and gave me a timetable so I could get around easily.

My first day was absolutely amazing and I loved exploring - it was made so much easier with the information provided to me by my hosts. After a day exploring I arrived back at the Villa at about 5.30 to find more guests had arrived and I was immediately invited into their company, offered a snack and a glass of wine. I was staying for dinner that evening and again the quality and amount of food on offer was excellent.

I stayed with David and Tatiana for 10 days from which I sampled a wide range of excellent food, great hospitality and some excellent company. They are meant to be in the hospitality business and have had the most interesting lives to date and their stories are amazing to listen to.

Nothing was too much trouble - they even did my washing! Tatiana was like a sister and David was the long suffering husband who had to listen to us talk fashion and shoes. (He loved it really)

I met some great people when staying here and have left New Zealand with some excellent memories and consider David and Tatiana to be great friends. I have told everyone about my stay at Seascape Villas and one lady on the plane back to the UK even asked me for details of the B & B (from which I gladly provided)

If you are travelling to Tauranga or surrounding areas on business or pleasure for 1 night or more I suggest you give this place serious consideration. You will not be disappointed and I intend to return in the future.

(I could say loads more about this place but I was there 10 days! David and Tatiana are like family now and I miss them very dearly)

Amber Welsh - Newcastle, United Kingdom

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Amber2808
Reviewed October 8, 2010

David and Tatiana were very welcoming hosts. The room was comfortable and spotless. We took the option of dinner which was great

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We were guided to this property by previous top reviews and were certainly not dissappointed in any way.
David and Tatiana definitely know the hospitality industry providing both class and quality in abundance. From the best percale linnen to the Royal Doulton bone china everything is a class act in this stylish, very friendly and welcoming boutique B & B. Nothing was too much trouble - we were treated like VIP's. I only wish we had stayed longer and that we were able to enjoy one of Tatiana's dinners which by all accounts, and if breakfast was anything to go by, should not have been missed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed at the Seascape Villa for a few days in late August and had a brilliant time! David and Tatiana were such welcoming hosts that I felt like I was visiting old friends! They really go all out to make your stay as comfortable as possible and they have lots of great pointers on interesting things to see and do around Tauranga and New Zealand.
This is one of the best B&B's I've stayed at and I would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of visiting Tauranga.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed for 35 nights whilst in Tauranga on my medical degree elective, and in the Seascape villa was lucky enough to pick somewhere that was head and shoulders about the rest. Many other guests came and went and every one of them left delighted with their stay.

101 OUT OF 100!
Whilst I do not hesitate in recommending this beautiful B&B to ANYONE visiting Tauranga for any reason (details below), it is particularly recommended for the lone traveller far away from home. This lovely couple took me under their wing and made their home my home very quickly. David and Tatiana are two of the warmest and friendliest people I've been lucky enough to meet. Expect a lovely welcome and lots of interesting conversations as both have led extraordinary lives - David has seen a lot of the world and Tatiana has survived Soviet siberia so there is plenty of tales to be had if initiated. Everything you could want from a B&B and more.

AMENITIES
Food - I ate dinner and breakfast nearly every day of my stay - it was well worth it. Tatiana absolutely will not let people go hungry or be left wanting for anything, and they even accommodated my peculiar eating demands while still providing me with top quality meals. The food was always beautifully presented on lovely tableware - meals looked like they'd been taken straight off masterchef. Having sampled several of the restaurants and cafes in Tauranga, I recommend taking the dinner option as their food is bought fresh and daily, salads and meat quality was exquisite, plus you will spend far more on even a frugal meal out in the eating places than you would to eat in. The chocolate mousse in particular is outstanding :)

Room - spotlessly clean, lovely double bed, heater for cold mornings, lovely crisp white linen and soft pillows, big wardrobe and loads of drawers for storing things. Blinds on windows, citrus or rhodedendron tree views.

Rest of the house - The interior is beautifully designed, in fact I basically want to steal the house and live in it forever. Guests are permitted to roam throughout the house to sit on the insanely comfy squashy cream leather sofas or perch by the lovely fire which is very very warm in the hall and is great fun to sit by with a glass of wine.

Bathroom - Beautiful white tiles, and also flawlessly clean. Nice big mirror and detachable wall mounted shower - very forceful. Everything is pristine and new. Never once ran out of hot water.

Phone - local calls are provided free of charge - very handy for booking day trips etc. Also - they know from all their previous guests which providers (of the various local activities - rafting, maori encounters, kayaking etc) offer the best experiences.

Internet - free wireless internet. Tatiana and David also have a very modern apple mac and also a pc downstairs that I was free to use as I pleased.

Location - tucked away in a quiet suburb 5 mins from the main CBD, you're near enough to easily access the hustle and bustle of Tauranga nightlife but far enough to have no traffic noises, absolutely silent nights and beautiful stars. Bus stop is at end of the road, but see later - hosts will happily provide lifts. The house is by far the prettiest on the whole road, it doesn't look like its been stepped on like most new zealand residences and is a lovely colour. Its also well placed for trips to Coromandel, Waitomo, Rotorua, Whakatane, Te puke - so everything from hotwater springs to glow worms is no more than 90 minutes away. Perfect for a base for adventuring!

GOING THAT LITTLE BIT EXTRA....
From the complimentary airport pickup, David and Tatiana constantly amazed me with how far out of their way they were willing to go to make me comfortable.

When I first arrived, they drove me around to see the sights and help me orientate myself with Tauranga. They also had printed off the bus timetable I would need and even went so far as to drive me along the main city bus routes so I would know roughly where I was going when on exploratory trips.

I'd broken the screen on my laptop, and David and Tatiana kindly drove me around the IT stores in Tauranga until I found a replacement. I then lost my purse, and they insisted on helping me retrace my steps even though it meant driving about all over the place. Ultimately, it found its way to the police station (amazingly, still with all the cash and cards present!) and they were happy to drive me there as well!

David was happy to drive me into work every morning, saving a walk and a wait for the bus, at less cost than the bus itself would have cost! Plus it meant I was able to have an extra hour sleep :)

If I needed any bits or pieces, they were happy to add whatever I wanted to their daily shopping list and get it for me the same day. So, all in all, they are fantastic hosts and I can't recommend this B&B highly enough.

100% RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We recently had the absolute pleasure of staying in our first B & B - Seascape Villa Tauranga. David and Tatiana are the most amazing people and we had so many laughs over good wine and fine russian food, I cannot emphasise enough the quality of the establishment and how tastefully the rooms are furnished. This was a holiday that we will never forget and we are definatley returning on our next visit, we highly recommend Seascape Villa and hosts David and Tatiana.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple