“A credit to the industry”

ASURE Macy's Motor Inn
Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Tauranga
Manukau, New Zealand
“A credit to the industry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

The room was very comfortable, modern & very clean, all services were as advertised. Athol went out of his way to be helpful and friendly, well beyond the call of duty, and he made us feel that we could call on him for anything else we needed, any time. The room was warm, despite the cold winter wind outside.

Next time I am in Tauranga, we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
oldboki, Owner at ASURE Macy's Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Hi AMADANON, thanks for all your positive comments from when you stayed with us in July 2011. I am now trying to get all my outstanding reviews up to date. We appreciated your comments at the time and they were conveyed to our staf, i.e. the cleans rooms, the friendliness, etc it is so important for the cleaning and hosting staff to know that their hard work and friendliness is praised like this from appreciative guests.. It does make a difference of course when the whole team are passionate about quality and making sure your stay is as good as it can possibly be.

We look forward to hosting you again sometime in the next season, come down to the hot pools at Fernland Spa or across at the Mount or wait till summer and come and enjoy our beaches. kind regards, Athol & Lorraine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Taihape
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

Booked accommodation and conference facilities for two days. The owners Lorraine and Athol were so helpful and very accomodating when we had to make some dietary requirement changes. Our group loved the accomodation, the food and the excellent conference facilities. I will definately be recommending the place to friends, family and anyone else heading to sunny Tauranga.

Room Tip: The owners are more than happy to accommodate your needs, just ask.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HarbourViewTga, Owner at ASURE Macy's Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Hi Karin, Not quite 2 years since you wrote this lovely review. Trying to catch up on all the back-log. Thank you for your positive comments on the conference centre and the catering that Lorraine provides. It continues to be as popular as ever. We also have ourselves now gone onto gluten free diets and amazed at how well we are feeling. We hope to welcome you, your friends and family back to Tauranga at some future date. We have just had a wonderful summer with 5 months of superlative weather. kind regards, Athol & Lorraine
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

24 June 2011
We stayed at Macys and it was ideally situated to all the shops and retaurants and a few minutes drive from down town. We received a very warm welcome and nothing was to much trouble when we asked. We had a two bedroom appartment and it was very clean and well furnished. Our stay was for four nights and next time we are in Tauranga we will stay again.
Gary from Perth Australia

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
HarbourViewTga, Owner at ASURE Macy's Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hi Gary, thanks for your review in July 2011. I can scarcely believe that two years can go by so fast. We are still enjoying the great weather here in Paradise and had an amazing 5 month summer. Thank you for your positive comments about the rooms, the cleanliness, and that you enjoyed being hosted by us. We so value clients who appreciate that our staff and ourselves have tried our very best to ensure you have the best stay possible with us. We hope when you next come across the ditch that we will have the privilege of hosting you and your family. We now have mountain bikes and kayaks down on the inner harbour that we have access to that are available for guests to use, when will we see you again, kind regards Athol & Lorraine
New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

My first use of their facilities for a small conference was a pleasant surprise. Ticked all the boxes for me, and certainly added to a good meeting. Good facilities and equipment, plus attentive and caring without being intrusive. Well done - will be using them again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Hi Ivan, many thanks for your feedback on our conference facilities. Our upgrades with the two 50" hi-res plasma TV's was a good step forward. About half of our guests use them while others prefer to use the projections screens recently mounted to pull down from the ceiling and make use of their own digital projectors. We trust you have enjoyed the fresh muffins and scones that Lo0rrain bakes and puts out for visiting delegates. Thanks for your support over the last two years. Yes, it has ben that long and yes I am in catch up mode on all these old outstanding reviews to which I had not responded to. Thanks for your review which did get me onto the top of the list at Trip Advisor for over a year and without your initial support and review we may never have enjoyed the support we have, so thank you. We just won an Excellence Award for 2013 from TRIP ADVISOR as well, kind regards, Athol & Lorraine
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

I travel to Tauranga on business every month and changed to Asure Macy's about 6 months ago. Since then I have had no need to look elsewhere. After a friendly and warm welcome everytime, your room will be as expected for this type of establishment which offers clean comfort at affordable prices. Its conveniently located for the city and surrounding suburbs and a ten minute drive to the Mount beaches . There is a good small family restaurant around the corner or you can order in if that is your preference.

This place ticks all the boxes for me, and I'll keep coming back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Hi Mark, Thanks for your comments on the motel and we are happy that you appreciate the warm welcome we give you every time you come. It's genuine believe me. Great guests make for a satisfying day at the office. I spent 20 years in sales and marketing and the motel game is just as much pleasure because it's about meeting different people every day and making sure they have a comfortable experience at the motel. It's two years since you started coming here and we appreciate you support and feedback. We very much have ateam approach here and the most important are our cleaning staff who thank goodness just love their jobs and are every bit committed to make each room up to 100% of what they can do. Thanks for your loyalty over the last two years we look forward to hosting you over this next year., kind regards, Athol & Lorraine
PS without customers like you we would not have a business !
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

I stayed here for one night after a business day in Tauranga - based mostly on the high ratings in TripAdvisor. I stayed in a ground floor studio unit. As a regular Tauranga visitor - business and holiday - my overall impression is that there are quite a few higher standard motels in Tauranga so the #1 rating is a bit of a mystery.

Good flat screen TV and free wireless internet access - always a good idea. Breakfast prices very modest.

The motel decor is somewhat dated but , as many reviews have said, all very clean, tidy and functional if a bit on the small side - perhaps this is just the unit I had. Average level of quietness from traffic but the noise of shower and toilet flushings from the unit upstairs was somewhat disturbing. The bathroom ventilation fan was very noisy and eventually gave up the ghost and was a likely cause of failure of the whole power supply!

As for most motels like this, parking is outside the units...it might get a bit crowded if the motel was booked out.

As other reviewers have mentioned the hosts were friendly and offered a credit against the power failure which was apparently easily fixed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank PatchNZ
oldboki, Owner at ASURE Macy's Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Hi there, Lorraine let me know after you left that your lights in the unit had tripped. I immediately went to the main switchboard and reset the earth leakage for your unit which on inspection had tripped - it took all of 60 seconds. In the unit I found the light above the desk was not burning and on taking that out found that it had shorted across the neck of the globe. I will bin about one third of a box of these same globes this morning. My first reaction weeks ago was to do that as this particular set of globes which have done this a number of times. If I had followed my first instinct to bin these a week ago your stay at Macy's would not have been spoiled. As a paying guest you have every right to be taken care of and I wish you had just given me a shout whatever the time and I would have taken 30 seconds to reset the distribution board and a minute or two to replace your globe. I take your comment on the noisy ventilation fan and will replace it from new fan's that we have in store for replacement as these fans do age. We do hope you will let us make it up to you on your next visit to Tauranga with a free breakfast to make up for the inconvenience of your recent stay. I am pleased that you found the motel clean, the price of our breakfast modest and good value. We are here to provide you with good hospitality and I wish you had given me the chance to do that by changing your globe and reseting the earth leakage for your unit the minute it happened , I would have done it with a smile and an apology whether at 9:00pm (as it did) or 1:00am. We look forward to the priviledge of hosting you at some future date.
Northants
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

The hosts of this Motel could not have been more helpful, providing information on local restaurants and resolving a small internet access problem immediately.

The room was clean and tidy with parking right outside the patio door. We had two rooms with a proper single bed in the main lounge/diner/kitchenette. There was also a bed settee which we didn't need, but this room would have been ideal for families.

A short drive to downtown, but lots of restaurants nearby.

The owner gave us great advice about climbing Mt Maunganui, which had fantastic views and was well worth the effort.

The owner also told us to go on the Skyline Luge at Rotarua, which we did and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

We would definitely recommend staying here, we couldn't have had a warmer welcome from such friendly and helpful hosts and it is a great base for families.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Hi ennl,
wow - 2 years since you were at Macy's Motor Inn. Many thanks for your review at the time. It was these positive reviews which put us up as No 1 on trip advisor where we stayed for well over the first year. So glad you felt we were friendly, helpful and gave you good advice on activities and restaurants. I love the luge in Rotorua and even for my 66yrs of age that is the first thing I go and do when in Rotorua. We have a new restaurant just 30 seconds walk away from the motel. We have access now to mountain bikes for cycling around Tauranga and the Mount and kayaks available on the inner harbour for free. We trsut you are well and that we can get a chyuance to host you again at some future stage. kind regards, Athol & Lorraine