All reviews private thermal pool hot tub main road sliding door two single beds busy road stayed for one night living room unit trampoline motel accommodation funeral heater cleaners bedding privacy
Selected filters
Reviewed December 10, 2018

I stayed for one night in a Family Apartment, Private Pool room.

The staff were friendly and the room was clean and tidy. The spa pool was nice and hot, and it was good driving distance both to city center and the mount.
The room was a bit small. There was only two of us staying there, so it was fine for my needs, but if there was 4 people staying in there (the max bedding) it would be a bit cramped.

Getting in and out of the place itself is a bit tricky as its on a bind corner and can be hard with traffic.

Over all it was a good place, and I would recommend to stay here for a short stay but not an extended period.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2018

A very clean and tidy unit with a very relaxing hot pool as part of the unit.Staff most helpful.A cook top supplied for unit on request which enabled us to eat "at home" in the evening.Parking directly in front of the unit was ideal For this day and age a most reasonable price.For two people an ideal unit.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

Not my top recommendations but if you want your own private thermal pol as we did I would add it to your list. The spa circular pool was large enough for two and being outside we made a mad dash outside and back in afterwards. The room had the ambience of the 1960’s motor lodge with the wood work walls.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2018

We arrived in the evening, staff unhelpful. No light on, or heating on when we arrived so it was dark and cold. Very unwelcoming. Kids were looking fwd to the private thermal hot pool in the room's patio - but we quickly found out that our room and a few others didn't have one (different to what it says on their website). There was a spa bath, but not luxurious as stated - it was in the kids' bedroom which was odd. Beds very uncomfortable, pillows were hard, and the room was extremely noisy that I couldn't sleep, and the kids didn't get much rest either. We knew it was dated, but it was also very rundown. Mould stains on the bathroom ceiling were unacceptable. One of the lace curtains was so brittle that it tore when I closed it - I was honest with the manager, who charged me for the curtain, which was the final straw for me at this place. The only positive was good free WiFi connection. Over rated, over priced, misleading website, awful location. NEVER would stay here again.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Pool was good but no milk in fridge. Overpriced at $128 per night for what was provided eg NO SOAP, no shampoo or conditioner to wash with!! This is a 4 star hotel price. My daughter had a 2 storey 2 room (1 double 3 single beds) motel which was really overpriced at $1400 per week. A motel at the other end of 15th Ave was only $550 per week for 2 rooms plus bathroom.

Room tip: on access road out of Tauranga to Katikati or Mt Maunganui
Date of stay: June 2018