“Excellent amenities”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tauranga
Greerton Lodge Motel
Ranked #43 of 57 Hotels in Tauranga
Havelock North, New Zealand
“Excellent amenities”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Combined with the RSA the Greerton Lodge Motel is an ideal place to stay. We were a large group of seniors staying for dinner bed and breakfast. Excellent meals, excellent facilities, at reasonable cost.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank TykeHBNewZealand

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Whangamata
Reviewed March 19, 2009

This stay was to visit a family member. My grandmother had booked the room for a week, and asked if it was ok that one night her daughter and grandaughter (myself) come stay to vist family. Upon arrival, both my mother and grandmother were out and told me to pick up a key. No hassels here as a key was handed over. The room was neat and tidy, serviced offen. Ok the place has not been modify'd but this is reflective in the price.
My 2yo son also stayed and he ran around out the back safley.
Overall, we recived great service, My grandmother is happy with the room and location.
I would recomend this motel to all my friends.

• Liked — The service and location
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mummy-of-one
New Zealand
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Where to start? We booked for two nights (30 & 31 December so peak time) and paid a deposit over two months prior to travel, but despite sending us a receipt for that deposit they called to ask us to confirm our booking as they had no record of the deposit.
When we arrived at 7pm we discovered that our room wasn't ready for us and that a put-up bed had to be put into the small studio room for our 15 year old son. This despite asking for a one bedroom unit when we booked. The "king bed" we had turned out to be two singles pushed together - not normally a problem except they were different heights!
The very young woman in charge tried to charge us for a different room, which my husband queried and had corrected, but then she tried to charge us for the night we had already paid as a deposit! She didn't give us a room key - we had to go and ask for one, and she didn't give us a towel for my son - we had to go to the office for that too.
The room was noisy and the service was appalling. We found out that the young woman in charge was in fact the niece of the manager, who had chosen the busiest time of the year to take a holiday. She was not able to cope and should never have been left alone to do so.
We have used this motel in the past, but our Christmas holdiay was soured by this portion of the trip and we will never stay there again. If it hadn't been New Years Eve and incredibly busy in Tauranga I would have demanded my money back and gone elsewhere.

• Liked — It was just around the corner from my friend's home, which is why we booked there.
  • Disliked — The shoddy service.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank Quaifeclan
JannaDale, General Manager at Greerton Lodge Motel, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
I have not responded because it was at a time when my father wasn't well, In fact he died on New Years Day.My nieces & nephew all pitched in to help, it wasn't easy but they did the best they could, . I try to keep my private life separate but sometimes it affects my job..Sincere apologies Janna

Travelers are raving about these Tauranga hotels