“Nice meal with family and friends!”
Review of Cafe Zeytin

Cafe Zeytin
Ranked #159 of 382 Restaurants in Tauranga
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oki-gun, Shimane, Japan
“Nice meal with family and friends!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We phoned Zeytin at 4pm...and they had a table for us (16 adults, 2 children) at 8pm.
It took a long time to get drinks...and then even longer to get our meals...but once the food came out I think everyone was very happy with their meals.
I enjoyed eating hummus, falafel, turkish bread etc., food that is difficult to find in Japan where I live.
I recommend this restaurant for a family or large group.

Tauranga, New Zealand
“Very poor service”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Went to Zeytin for a lunch over the New Year period. We shouldn't have bothered.
Poor service & average food.
Gave our drinks order before being seated & still it took over 10 minutes for them to be brought to our table.
We had to ask twice for our garlic bread order. It eventually arrived 20 minutes after ordering.
What annoys me was, they weren't busy.
Ordered the Grilled Spicy Calamari, they must have forgotten to add the spice!
We wont be returning & wouldn't recommend

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The only place I go in Tauranga...”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I always look forward to going to Tauranga so that I can eat out at Zeytin. I live in Wellington, but have not found any Mediterranean/Middle Eastern style restaurants here that begin to match the amazing food and value for money that you get at Zeytin. The surroundings are comfortable and open, the staff are helpful even when they are very busy, and the flavours of the food are always something that I look forward to. I love the new style menu too - many of the same items, but more of a meze style so that you can order a platter and several others to share with the table.

Tauranga
“Great Food”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife & I dined here tonight (New Year's Eve) for the second time; we will definitely dine there again. Service was great and the food even better. The pizzas are great as are the Mezes. I would be happy to take friends and family from out of town there any time!
Another great thing is that the cost is easy on the pocket.

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Bad service but you don't tip in NZ anyway, right?”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a birthday lunch. It took a while and one of us going to fetch a waiter for them to notice us. Food was really nice - good pizzas and salad. They didn't bring two of the drinks we ordered. We only ordered four so this was a bit poor. It wasn't busy. Wouldn't bother returning as there's a lot of choice along that strip.

Visited December 2013