“Authentic French”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is where the restauranteurs who have a night off go to eat. Rustic and delicious french food , always busy.

1  Thank Nzenny

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We went to Gold Mela last night to celebrate Grandads 87th birthday. This restaurant has a lovely ambience, the staff friendly and efficient and the food really good. There is a variety of dishes including pasta, pizzas, steak and seafood. We had a lovely evening and the other guests very impressed. On previous occassions when we have dined here we have never been disappointed. Thanks Gold Mela

1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great food at reasonable price, lovely rustic little restaurant, super service!! Each time I book, there is always availability and they cater from couples dining to groups of friends or family. We have even had a small work do there. Love the pasta dishes and the salmon and steak dishes are great as well.

1  Thank Zenda J
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I dine regularly at Gold Mela. It is casual dining and the food is always good. . Taking ones own bottle of wine means it's a very reasonably priced dinner out. The pizza is authentic and full of flavour. The staff are always friendly and nothing is too much bother. The ambience is great. Book for Friday nights.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

My partner and I chose Gold Mela to go to on my birthday as I'm a big fan of italian food and there didn't seem to be many traditional Italian restaurants in town apart from here.
We were absolutely blown away; the restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside but it is full of character inside and was absolutely enchanting. We had a lovely candlelit table and the service was brilliant.
I ordered the bruschetta and the lasagne; it was one of the best I've ever had! My partner had the bolognese and thoroughly enjoyed it too.

It's BYO which is always good and it was good value for money and incredible food, I would eat there every night if I could!!