“consistently good food with great atmosphere”
Review of Gold Mela - CLOSED

Gold Mela
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I dine regularly at Gold Mela. It is casual dining and the food is always good. . Taking ones own bottle of wine means it's a very reasonably priced dinner out. The pizza is authentic and full of flavour. The staff are always friendly and nothing is too much bother. The ambience is great. Book for Friday nights.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

My partner and I chose Gold Mela to go to on my birthday as I'm a big fan of italian food and there didn't seem to be many traditional Italian restaurants in town apart from here.
We were absolutely blown away; the restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside but it is full of character inside and was absolutely enchanting. We had a lovely candlelit table and the service was brilliant.
I ordered the bruschetta and the lasagne; it was one of the best I've ever had! My partner had the bolognese and thoroughly enjoyed it too.

It's BYO which is always good and it was good value for money and incredible food, I would eat there every night if I could!!

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Have eaten here several times and always enjoy the food and the amazing decor in the restaurant - very reasonably priced substantial meals and BYO wine also. Fresh pastas and pizzas highly recommended. Advisable to book as the restaurant is generally very busy

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Great ambience in this small cosy restaurant. Good food generous proportions

Reviewed February 7, 2012