“Good food spot”

Stag Park Diner
Ranked #102 of 146 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: Diner, Fast Food, New Zealand
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Open 7 days - 24 hrs Big Hearty Meals / Huge SelectionRelaxed Family Atmosphere, Prompt Friendly Service, Children's Games Room & Outdoor Playground. Excellent Value for MoneyBudget Accommodation:$40 per person, twin share room$50 per single room$65 per double roomEach room has it's own T.V. Bathroom facilities are shared for the whole accommodation block. Washing machine and dryer available for personal use.Accommodation for 22
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Always call in here for a meal if we are in or passing through Taupo. Great value and friendly staff

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

The food was plentiful and delicious. The service was great! Ignore the previous comment about service being slack. It was superb and I would recommend to others.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

This place has some awsome food at awsome prices and do get a lot but the service is a bit to be desired.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Very good value for money & help yourself to as much tea or coffee as you want. Tons of free parking.

1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed August 27, 2011

It was late in the evening after we arrived in Lake Taupo and checked into the Hilton which was just down the street from Stag Park Diner. I had previously noted Stag Park Diner, a 24-hr diner frequented by truckers, to be one of the "places" to visit so imagine how "excited" I was to find it pretty much next to our hotel. We dropped off our luggage and off we went to the diner. Very, very extensive menu - my husband and I must have spent five to ten minutes staring at the board before we could come to a decision on what to order. Don't expect too much, it's usual and familiar diner food - burgers (all kinds), sandwiches, steaks, curries, meatloaves, etc. I chose the fish burger and my husband had a mixed grill. The portions are huge so don't over-order! We waited for a short while for our food to arrive while we watched television. The cook on duty was a highly efficient lady who clearly knew what she was doing - it would certainly have taken me twice or three times as long to prepare the orders! The waitress was friendly and equally efficient. Heads off to women! The ingredients, of course, were very average but normal for a diner. However, my fish was beautifully fried - fresh, crisp and juicy. I liked it a lot. The mixed grill was so so. Didn't go for desserts as we had no more room in our stomachs. Worth a visit if you just want to have a value-for-money meal, casually and quickly.

1  Thank OllieOlnie