“Nice Italian meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Group of 6, one meal didn't meet expectations compared to the same dish served in New Plymouth which group member has often. The dish lacked flavour felt they had perhaps left something out!.
The other meals were fine.
Service was great and the staff were pleasant., has a nice atmosphere. Would go again. BYO wine which is good.

1  Thank Chrisandjoe

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were recently in Taupo and ate at Portofinos one evening to our great delight.
The food was simlar to that which we had had in Italy last year and very enjoyable and the selection of wine was good.

The staff looked after us very well

We would have no problem recommending The Vine to all and would go back again when we are next in New Zealand

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Must visit 1 Italian when I go to each town,so pleased we found a Potofinos.Which it seems part of a chain,though they are family run.We spoke to the owner and they said they arrived in New Zealand the same time as the Family who run the one in New Plymouth. (small world?)
One good thing is, all Portofinos are BYO which helps our budget a great deal.Our food was excellent and had a great evening.Maybe because we chatted to the people at the next table,
If I had to judge I think the New Plymouth has the edge, Maybe because always full and noisy like in Italy.( my opinion )

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wonderful Atmosphere, excellent service & the best Italian meal we have had in NZ. The staff, the service and the meal were excellent. Waiting times short despite them being almost full. We will be back.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Where do you go if you are on your own on a business trip? Not to a large loud restaurant! This little place had a nice atmosphere...perhaps a litte cramped but altogether and nice litte spot...good variety on the menu, lovely flavours and I have no complaints about the service (it was prompt enough for me) as I do not like staff hovering over me constantly asking me if my meal was OK. A lovely restaurant. i'll come back again....