“Best Italian we have had”
Review of Portofinos

Portofinos
Ranked #52 of 139 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Best Italian we have had”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wonderful Atmosphere, excellent service & the best Italian meal we have had in NZ. The staff, the service and the meal were excellent. Waiting times short despite them being almost full. We will be back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank FloydianNZL

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great Position! Great Food!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Where do you go if you are on your own on a business trip? Not to a large loud restaurant! This little place had a nice atmosphere...perhaps a litte cramped but altogether and nice litte spot...good variety on the menu, lovely flavours and I have no complaints about the service (it was prompt enough for me) as I do not like staff hovering over me constantly asking me if my meal was OK. A lovely restaurant. i'll come back again....

• Visited May 2013
“Poor service, average food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Found the waiting staff to be very slack, food was average although felt to be overpriced for what it is. The worst thing of the evening was being served uncooked chicken on a children's dinner! We were given no compensation for this and told that they replaced the meal. Raw chicken should NEVER hit the dinners table. Poor child who had to then wait for his meal. Took forever to clear the table and we had to ask for dessert menus, the restaurant was not at capacity!! Think carefully before you eat here!!

• Visited April 2013
west auckland
“not all bad...could be so much better”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We ate here whilst attending a conference. We were met almost at the door by our waitress who I thought was quite scruffy; dressed in old jeans and street shoes with no makeup and I don't know when her hair had seen a hairbrush. Her manner was really casual but very friendly nontheless. We were offered a choice of several tables before settling down. The bruschetta was very nice and fresh. My main of ravioli was ok but the pasta was very dense and heavy. The others ordered steak and prounounced this excellent and medium rare. My dessert of panna cotta was likewise very dense and had been sitting in the fridge for some time-I should have complained about this-underneath the 'crust' it was, however, quite tasty. Our waiting staff were friendly and attentive and the restaurant was warm and inviting, but somehow this place just misses the mark.

• Visited April 2013
auckland
“Dependable”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Always a great meal - with Italian flair. Despite being a 'chain' now we have found Taupo Portofino to be just a little more personalised and enjoyable.

Visited March 2013