“amazing!”

Pimentos
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I recently dined at Pimentos with a group of girlfriends, we meet here whenever I'm in town because this is our fave spot! AS USUAL, our experience was fantastic. We all ordered entrees and mains (we wanted to try everything....) and everything was timed perfectly. Not to mention the food was to die for! I am always impressed by the unique flavours and origionality they display in their menu. I'm still fantisising about their lamb shanks - best shanks in the world!! The service was friendly, attentive and not over the top. Would reccomend this place to anyone, it's a must do for out of towners.

Reviewed April 28, 2011

Having lived in Taupo for a few years now I have had a chance to sample food from most restaurants, and this one is definitely a winner amongst them.
The food continues to impress with imaginative twists on classic dishes, and the prices have remained reasonable even after the GST increase.
The wine list shows good examples of local and Australian wine, but as they're BYO you can bring your own if you prefer.
The staff are friendly and help contribute to a great overall experience.
Well done, Pimentos, thanks for keeping up your high standards!

Reviewed March 27, 2011

After being recommended by friends to try out Pimentos Restaurant the next time we were in Taupo, we were so pleased for the advice. My dukka crusted chicken breast was delicious and my wife's lamb-shanks were the best she has had in a very long time. My chocolate tart to finish was just rich enough for me to gobble it all up. The wait staff were very pleasant and not over bearing. The setting was nice, price reasonable and food was great. Two thumbs up from us!!

1  Thank tt0603
Reviewed November 15, 2010

A BYO restaurant so 6 of us on a golf weekend took our bottles of wine for a blind tasting and great food. They didn't know what a decanter or carafe was but we saw one on top of the fridge so worked out well. They food was very good but the waitresses needed a little more training. We made a bit of noise and the place had atmosphere, particularly with us there.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

Always excellent - & value even better due to fact you can BYO wine - a big plus. We took a huge group of Brazilians there one night & couldn't have been more pleased with meal & service. Always try to dine here when in Taupo