“Small pub....big welcome”

Mulligan's Public House
Ranked #98 of 139 Restaurants in Taupo
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We came to Mulligans for a cheap and cheerful meal. We were a group of 9 people and the food and service was fantastic!!. If you are in Taupo please do not go past Mulligans...may not look flash from the outside but the service and food is great!!!!

There are newer reviews for Mulligan's Public House

Reviewed July 23, 2013

they had proper pints which is rare in New Zealand and had guiness on draught.
The toilets were a bit smelly

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My rating is based purely on the staff. I didn't eat there but the food I saw looked good & empty plates was all that I saw returned to the kitchen. We had a few ddrinks and listened to the live band on Thursday night. The place itself is nothing flash but also not a false Irish bar that you can see in many cities around the world. It's a good honest bar, used by the locals.
What made this place memorable was the guy behind the bar. I used to run a pub in the UK and if I'd had one barstaff like him I wouldn't have needed the other three.
I hope his boss appreciates him.

1  Thank Sixonunion
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We popped in after seeing their backpacker deal. For $12 we got a huge lasagne portion and a pint. The pint is normally $7.50 so this was a deal. The food was great and in a perfect dinner portion.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was their on last Tuesday on quiz night the bar was busy with locals and travelers. Had a wonderful quiz night with a good Dj after. Bar staff were friendly.