“Best breakfast in town”

Ranked #11 of 144 Restaurants in Taupo
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The Service was prompt and staff were very friendly. The meals were excellent and a very good size. Delicious food and great atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,984)

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Had breakfast there on Waitangi Day 2014. Nice food but we were irked by the imposition of a 15% surcharge at time of paying up. I cannot recall seeing any signage stating a surcharge was applicable that day. Come on fellas, try to keep the public in the loop!
"Gazza"

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We went here for breakfast wasn't sure if we had to sit and wait to be served or go inside I ask for a menu and said we were outside,but then had to go inside to order because we were waiting for ages.When the food came is was good,great coffee,but then we never saw anyone again so we paid and left.I will go back again but if the service the same I won't go back.

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I don't see what the fuss is all about. My few experiences here have been wonderful. Grwat service as soon as we walked through the door, loved the food and it was a comfortable atmosphere :-) best milkshakes ever!! Some people need to take into consideration that they may be too busy to serve you straight away and that the world does not revolve around just you. Js ;-). Awesome everytime!!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My partner and I went to Dixie Browns for a late dinner on Friday night. The service was good, waiters were polite but we were not checked on during our meal or asked for a desert menu etc. The food however was superb. We ordered the garlic bread to start with which was delicious and both our mains were great. Portion sizes were large and great quality. The desert menu and cabinet looked amazing but unfortunately we were too full to consider desert!