“Amazing!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I went with my mother and great grandmother for a late lunch and it was fantastic! Had so much trouble deciding what to get!! Fantastic price for the portion size! Overall great value and the best restaurant in town. Stayed at the fantastic Reef Hotel only a few minutes away and had the best trip in a long time in taupo!!

• Visited June 2013
MichaelTaupo, Public Relations Manager at Dixie Brown's, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Dixie Browns of Taupo.

What a special time your weekend in Taupo seems to have been and we are so pleased to have played a part in making your trip so enjoyable.

We do hope to see you all again in the near future.

• Polish first
“Casual dinner in Taupo”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I came to dine in here with my partner and we left happy and satisfied apart from a little fault- steak was a bit too rare when asked for medium rare. The staff quickly got it fixed though. Would come back surely when im in taupo next

Hello

We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your meals and we do look forward to seeing you when you are next in Taupo.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Dixie Brown's is delicious!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My partner and I went in for a late Saturday breakfast.
We spent the first 5 minutes in Dixie Browns watching the dessert carousel go around and around trying to justify a breakfast dessert. They all looked excruciatingly delicious!
In the end, I chose the corn cake breakfast and I made a few alterations to fit my dietary needs and they did muddle it up, forgetting the (all important) bacon and giving me the egg I had requested they leave out. But they were apologetic and quick to fix their mistakes. My partner had the full breakfast and was very impressed with his breakkie even though they realised they forgot the tomato, bringing it to the table half way through.
We enjoyed the food and the restaurant was nice and warm.
We will certianly be returning!

Hello

We are so pleased to read you enjoyed your meals and are looking forward to returning to us, perhaps the next time you will get the opportunity to actually try some of our desserts, you are right they are delicious!

We look forward to your next visit.

Taupo, New Zealand
“Just average - quite disappointing”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was really looking forward to dine at Dixie Brown's as the place (from the outside) looks so nice and sophisticated but I was very disappointed. The quality of their food was just ok and the service wasn't great. I don't think I ever wrote a negative review but I think it's important to let others know where to spend their money as this place is not cheap!
Firstly, the waiter showed us a table saying: "take that one and here is the menu!" instead of walking us to the table. There was no atmosphere, the place was busy and I hardly saw a smile there! I have ordered a fish dish and been given bacon
:( even though the waiter confirmed to me that there is no meat only a fish.The food was ok but nothing special, no much flavor, no vegetables and no much attention to a presentation. Considering the high price you would expect a nice plate to arrive. Our desert was just awful, the worst I have ever tasted: lemon meringue and some tasteless cream with a milk chocolate sauce that just didn't go together at all. Before we left we have suggested something to them but they were not really interested to listen. I just couldn't believe it - this place was like " posh" McDonald!! I found the place quite expensive for what you get. No atmosphere, just average customer service and a basic food. I don't think we will be back there again.

Instead I would recommend Waterside Restaurant&Bar at Tongariro Street that has a lovely atmosphere, a friendly staff and an amazing food!

Visited June 2013
MichaelTaupo, Public Relations Manager at Dixie Brown's, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello

I am of course concerned to read you were somewhat disappointed with your experience. You will see from previous reviews we get regular high praise for how friendly and helpful our team are, if on this occasion you did not find this we do apologise. You are correct we are a popular restaurant but our customers usually find that this adds to the atmosphere.

I can only assume you ordered our very popular Salmon and Scallop Stack, the fresh Lake Benmore Salmon is lightly baked and topped with scallops wrapped in pancetta, served on garlic and onion potato mash finished with a light lemon butter sauce. If there was a miscommunication between yourself and our wait staff we do again apologise, however it does state on the menu that pancetta is a part of this dish.

Our Lemon Meringue Pie is served with cream and ice cream and again is a much loved choice with our customers, in fact our Lemon Meringue Pie has brought many customers back to Dixie Browns for another piece. If this was not to your taste we are sorry.

We believe our pricing to be fair and reasonable as you will see from previous reviews we believe our customers feel the same way.

Dixie Browns takes pride in providing quality in our service and dining experience for all our customers, it seems on this occasion you did not feel we have achieved this and we apologise.

“Highly recommended”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Our favourite place to eat in Taupo. Great atmosphere, friendly helpful staff and a terrific menu. Particularly recommend the pan fried catch of the day! The breakfast there made a perfect start to the day.

Visited June 2013
Hello
Thank you for taking the time to review Dixie Browns of Taupo.

We are so pleased to read that Dixie Browns is your favourite place to eat in Taupo. We are very lucky to have a team here who work hard to ensure all our visitors have a great dining experience and it is always nice to read we are getting it right.

We look forward to your next visit.