“Nice food in a relaxed setting”
Review of Jolly Good Fellows

Jolly Good Fellows
Ranked #26 of 146 Restaurants in Taupo
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice pub food in a relaxed setting. Only need the staff to be a bit more welcoming. I felt like I had upset her by turning up for lunch!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Ok food but very basic. The seafood chowder is packed with surimi fake crab and very thin consistency, such a fab location tho.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

As I was staying nearby and the motel suggested this place I gave it a go. I really wish I hadn't. I nearly turned back when I saw trucks parked on the opposite side of the road ( ithought it wont be full of truckers, i was wrong it was) but I had no idea where else to go. My heart sank even further when I saw it was an English themed pub, I normally avoid theme pubs at all costs, but again I had no idea where else to go, it was getting late, it was dark and I was on my own. The tables are covered in black cloths which always makes me think they just can't be bothered cleaning properly, the whole place had that kind of old people's home wee smell about it and the food was terrible. I had the worst lamb shank I have ever had the misfortune to eat, it was all shank and no lamb, what lamb there was was tough and fatty. I didn't stay for pudding!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Apart from the congenial barman and a pleasant waiter, this place is so ordinary it's sad. Right on the lake with an opportunity to be a tourism powerhouse. Instead, pre-cooked unoriginal food loaded to the hilt with carbs. The maitre d needs some training. A bar for seedy adults and hungry carb hunters. Nice view though!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed in Taupo for one night and went to this pub to get a few drinks and a meal. The location of the pub is very nice and the view over the lake is awesome. Good food, very nice selection of beers and the staff is spot on and looks after you. Really enjoyed the time there.....