“Great service, price, coffee and food!”
Review of Coffee Plus cafe

Coffee Plus cafe
Ranked #5 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Taupo
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Visited Taupo over the Easter break.

Tried the Egg Benedict and Corn fritters and they were so good. Coffee was fantastic.

Service was great, price very reasonable and quick service too.

Recommend this place for breakfast or lunch!

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by and had two delicious lattes on our way through to Auckland. Best coffee we had in the region.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had checked out a couple of coffee shops before arriving in Taupo, and being one of the closest to the i-Site, I dropped by after arriving from Rotorua in the early afternoon. I was pretty famished as I had skipped breakfast so I was delighted to find all-day breakfast served and was shortly tucking into a delicious breakfast stack ($15.50) with eggs, bacon, spinach and hash browns on some lovely bread, well recommended. I didn't have a coffee this time around but subsequently returned the following day for a cappuccino, which did not disappoint, probably one of the best I have had in New Zealand actually.

I had a 1:40 bus to Wellington booked a few days later so I dropped by in the morning and had a couple of coffees whilst calling the parents (Skype) and doing a little South Island research. The coffees were once again, very good, but I also had a breakfast muffin (more quiche than muffin) and a roast vegetable quiche, both of which looked and tasted fantastic and were served with a tangy, maybe a little too sweet, tomato sauce. At $5 each, i could not complain.

The Zenbu Wifi works just fine although you only get 50Mb of data so you wont be able to do too much. That said, if you only check your email and the usual social media sites, you should still have data to check when walking past later in the day. I think the Wifi still works after the store is closed.

All in all, its a great, friendly little coffee shop/cafe that does what it does very well. If I hadn't indulged as much in the previous week, I would certainly have liked to try some of the sweets on offer, so if you happen to try some, let me know how they are and maybe I will revisit next year!

1  Thank randallml
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stopped for breakfast passing through. Loved the breakfast and excellent coffee.
Staff were outstanding as was service.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I sat out side this cafe for 20mins the other day. Hoping id receive service, and was disappointed.

My complaints stop there, As other than that. id give Coffee Plus 10/10. Customer service was excellent, not just for our table, but i noticed other tables happy, and also cleaned very quickly. once patrons had left.

Prices were bloody excellent to say the least. Singe shot flat white $3.90. Latte, & chi Latte, both costing $4.30, and these were big cups! Way to go. The coffee served was (supreme) and the barista made it to a high quality!

The premises were very tidy, well presented and staff were all clean and tidy. toilets were not available on site, but when asked they did give a detailed description, of where we could find public access toilets.. a two min walk

Way to go coffee plus, i will recommend