Suncourt Hotel & Conference Centre
Hilton Lake Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$169
$159
  • Pool
$137
$104
Official Site
Gables Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$97
Hotwire.com
$481
$467
Hotwire.com
Acapulco Motor Inn(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$75
$73
$247
$219
Priceline
Cascades Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$92
$89
Travelocity
Wairakei Resort Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$102
$99
  • Pool
Baycrest Lodge(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$141
HotelQuickly
All reviewsan on site restaurantlake taupogarden roomlake viewshort walk into townbedroom unitupper floorbeds were very comfortablebit datedswimming poolgood sizeheat pumpfree wififirst floorfamily rooma great place to staygreat spot
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days last week - went as a group as part of work function.
Room was huge - didn't expect to get a family room with 2 single bed and a queen bed.
Can see view of Lake Taupo from our room - there's a balcony outside the room to enjoy morning coffee. Can't complain!

Not much choices on the breakfast - don't really like the scrambled eggs.. Best part of breakfast was the Croissant.. Fresh from the oven and it's yummy !! Came back for third ! It's a must.

Plenty of parking... The ladies at reception were really nice and helpful. Check in and out process was fast and painless.

Room Tip: Book a room with Lake View!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pitznz
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Restaurant was the worsted part of the stay food dry and over cooked and brought out veggies after I had finished my meal. Would never stay or eat at this place again

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My Husband and I plus three teenagers stayed at Suncourt on our recent visit to Taupo. We had a three bedroom unit with full kitchen,It was very clean, spacious and close to the lake, shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Our room was called Garden View, it was quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Monica o
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed at the Suncourt for a weekend with friends. The overall appearance of the hotel is good, the receptionists were very pleasant and helpful. Our room was on the bottom floor at the front facing the lake, which had excellent views. Our room was small but ok, the bed had probably seen better days and was extremelly soft and a bit on the small side for my husband and myself, the linen was fresh and clean as was the room. The shower was quite small and we had trouble getting the temperasture right as the plate at the back just spun and it was impossible to tell where the temperature was. We had dinner in the Mousetrap restaurant in the evening and this was first class, service was good, selection of wines were good, and the food was excellent, the pork ribs were amazing!!
We decided to have breakfast on our last morning there as the food had been so good in the evening. What a mistake, we arrived at 9.30am (breakfast finished at 10am) so felt we had plenty of time, there was no sausages left, and everything else that was in the cooked breakfast had been made for ages and was cold, not nice, we had to ask for bread for toast, they did make more eggs but these were presented in a "frying pan" shape and put into the cold server, what a pity the two girls that were working there did not try harder, we were left feeling that they were not interested. Other than the breakfast we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrsMHawkesBay
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed with my daughter so requested a room with a queen bed and a single bed and asked for a room with a view over the lake. The room was worth $180 for the night but the price was reduced to $160 because I had mentioned that I'd seen it valued at $135 on the "Wotif" website where you receive the price of $135 if you book through the website.
The view to the lake was lovely, the unit was very spacious, comfortable and clean. I was very surprised to see so many little pottles of milk provided for tea and coffee because most places I stay at usually only offer around 6 of them. I would say though that the single beds were extremely narrow and suitable for young children only not adult women and my daughter is small for a woman. It was quiet when the doors were closed despite there being a main road across the park.
The bathroom had a bath to soak in and a shower which had very good pressure. No chance of keeping your hair dry if you didn't wish to wash it. The only disappointment was the mildew in the shower which had been there a while and which I could and did wipe away with my towel. Laziness on the cleaners behalf or lack of noticing maybe.
There is a restaurant attached to the side of the reception area and I would highly recommend this as a place to eat especially if you don't feel up to driving anywhere else and perhaps want a few drinks and don't need to worry about driving afterwards. The food was divine and the wine also very good. The waitresses were lovely. Very nice.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, it is easy to find, spacious, clean, and for older people the gound floor units are very accessible. Good parking also.
Things that were not provided: No hair dryer, no shower caps, and no deck chairs or table to sit at outside. A shame especially since their is a lovely deck outside of each room overlooking the lake and it would have been lovely to sit with a coffee or glass of wine.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family