Hilton Lake Taupo
Wairakei Resort Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
$137
$104
Official Site
Cascades Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$92
$90
Beechtree Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$134
$96
Acapulco Motor Inn(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$75
$67
Priceline
The Lake Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$99
$453
$247
$219
2,314 results
All reviewssauna and steam roompillow menulake tauponew wingjunior suitebeautiful hotelone bedroom apartmentwasher and dryerfull kitchentennis courtsan upgradenew zealandthe ground floorhot springsgreat roomspa poolhot pools
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Our room was very pleasant (although we missed out on the turndown service and found the provision of only four 15ml pottles of milk per night parsimonious), but our biggest concern during our stay was parking. Even in Taupo's CBD parking is free, and we are unaware of any other Taupo accommodation that charges guests to park; rather than pay a minimum $15 for covered parking we chose the free option. In doing so, we did not realise that pedestrian access involves either walking on a steep grassy bank (not safe in rain, footwear considerations aside), or walking for about 200m on a dimly lit road that is shared by the nearby thermal pools and from which cars departing (downhill) often leave at speed. The carpark itself is not at all lit or paved, and when we returned in the evening, a large number of cars were parked in very deep puddles. As it happens we were wearing sturdy footwear and managed to find a less waterlogged area, but others were less fortunate. Guests who don't wish to pay for parking probably expect a bit of inconvenience, but endangering them by not providing pedestrian access that is safe, especially in adverse weather, is not what we would expect of a Hilton. The pictures attached showed the parking area when we checked out; they were much larger the previous evening, and again - this is an unlit area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank littlefmrt
CF-AKLLT, Manager at Hilton Lake Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear littlefmrt,

I appreciate you taking time to post feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We take pride in offering a high level of accommodation, facilities and personal service at Hilton Lake Taupo and I am sorry that we did not quite meet your overall expectations.

With regards to turndown we offer this nightly service upon request so that we do not disturb those that wish to check-in and be undisturbed. Fresh milk we are pleased to offer upon request as noted on the small card in our tea/coffee caddy, however do provide the UHT long life milk for convenience.

I am pleased to advise that we are only a couple of weeks away from commencing the upgrade of the land infront of our hotel into a designated guest parking area. Currently we offer our secure undercover parking for a nightly fee of $15, twenty-one sealed complimentary car parking spaces directly infront of our Heritage building and soon to add 30 additional complimentary car parks on the land in front. I am sorry that you found the current parking an inconvenience and can assure you that this is about to be improved.

Thank you again for taking the time to share on TripAdvisor and I do hope that we will see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I can only recommend this hotel unreservedly - the restaurant is amazing and the rooms are gorgeous. I have stayed there twice and both times have had excellent service and thoroughly enjoyed my relaxing stay, from the hot pool to the sauna to the well equipped rooms. The Heritage rooms are beautiful with views across the lake and the showers are the best with a rainfall shower outlet from the roof complimenting the normal spray. The robes are luxurious and the beds very very comfy. The breakfasts are all too delicious as are the dinners. Definitely the place when passing through Taupo.

Room Tip: The Heritage wing is lovely but so are the other rooms facing the lake.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeanutWellington
CF-AKLLT, Manager at Hilton Lake Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear PeanutWellington,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Lake Taupo once again. I appreciate you sharing your experience in TripAdvisor.

We take pride in offering a high level of accommodation, facilities and personal service at Hilton Lake Taupo and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is wonderful to receive positive feedback regarding our team, accommodation and facilities and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in Celebrity Chef Simon Gault's restaurant, Bistro Lago.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, the team and I truly look forward to once again welcoming you back to Hilton Lake Taupo in the near future.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with my sister and her husband and two teenage boys for two nights. We had a three bedroom apartment which was huge and had a full kitchen and laundry facilities. It was a bit cold when we stayed so the underflooring heating and heated towel rails in the two bathrooms were appreciated. Each room also had individual air conditioning and TV. Lovely toiletries.
The service was excellent and all requests seen to straight away.
There were two balonies, a smaller one overlooking the outdoor heated pool/spa/sauna area, the other larger one overlooked the lake. Unfortunately it was was a bit overcast so we only had a glimpse of the mountains. The boys made use of the pool, spa and tennis court.
We ate at the restaurant Bisto largo one night which was excellent. The hotel gives 20% discount of the restaurant bill when you stay there.

Room Tip: 3 bedroom apartments have two balconies, one overlooking the pool/spa and one overlooking the lake.
1  Thank Sue Russell K
CF-AKLLT, Manager at Hilton Lake Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Sue Russell K,

I appreciate you posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Hilton Lake Taupo. It is very pleasing to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit with family in one of our spacious Three Bedroom Apartments.

It is fantastic to hear that you were able to make use of the hotel facilities including Celebrity Chef Simon Gault's Bistro Lago restaurant. The 20% dining discount mentioned is currently part of one of our global promotions so I encourage other viewers to consider our Dinner Bed and Breakfast package.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Lovely Professional staff. Clean room no complaints. Will be back again Definitely, loved the hole ambience of the place, Our views were lovely, staff very helpful and accomadating to our needs. Thank yous for the great breakaway.

1  Thank g22ridah

Dear g22ridah,

Thank you for posting feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay and plan to return in the near future.

We look forward to welcoming you back again shortly.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were passing through and stayed for one night and stayed at the hotel. The check-in took forever. The king junior suite was lovely. There were three bed in our room, a sofa bed and 2 singles.We didn't have the nicest view but we did have a balcony. There were 2 tvs and 3 pools, a kiddy pool, a spa and a luke warm larger pool. I left my phone in my room and after check out i relized and rang and told them and there was no problem there at all. I really enjoyed my stay with my family and hope to go back!

Room Tip: Request a room with a nice view.
2  Thank ljpz123

Dear ljpz123,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time and appreciate your feedback regarding check-in. We try to keep check-in formalities as swift as possible however due to our many facilities and services like to also ensure we advise of all to do. I do appreciate your feedback and will review your check-in with our team.

Kind regards,