“Eat, Enjoy Relax”
Review of Hilton Lake Taupo

Hilton Lake Taupo
Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Taupo
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I can only recommend this hotel unreservedly - the restaurant is amazing and the rooms are gorgeous. I have stayed there twice and both times have had excellent service and thoroughly enjoyed my relaxing stay, from the hot pool to the sauna to the well equipped rooms. The Heritage rooms are beautiful with views across the lake and the showers are the best with a rainfall shower outlet from the roof complimenting the normal spray. The robes are luxurious and the beds very very comfy. The breakfasts are all too delicious as are the dinners. Definitely the place when passing through Taupo.

Room Tip: The Heritage wing is lovely but so are the other rooms facing the lake.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeanutWellington
CF-AKLLT, Manager at Hilton Lake Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear PeanutWellington,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Lake Taupo once again. I appreciate you sharing your experience in TripAdvisor.

We take pride in offering a high level of accommodation, facilities and personal service at Hilton Lake Taupo and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is wonderful to receive positive feedback regarding our team, accommodation and facilities and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in Celebrity Chef Simon Gault's restaurant, Bistro Lago.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, the team and I truly look forward to once again welcoming you back to Hilton Lake Taupo in the near future.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with my sister and her husband and two teenage boys for two nights. We had a three bedroom apartment which was huge and had a full kitchen and laundry facilities. It was a bit cold when we stayed so the underflooring heating and heated towel rails in the two bathrooms were appreciated. Each room also had individual air conditioning and TV. Lovely toiletries.
The service was excellent and all requests seen to straight away.
There were two balonies, a smaller one overlooking the outdoor heated pool/spa/sauna area, the other larger one overlooked the lake. Unfortunately it was was a bit overcast so we only had a glimpse of the mountains. The boys made use of the pool, spa and tennis court.
We ate at the restaurant Bisto largo one night which was excellent. The hotel gives 20% discount of the restaurant bill when you stay there.

Room Tip: 3 bedroom apartments have two balconies, one overlooking the pool/spa and one overlooking the lake.
1  Thank Sue Russell K
CF-AKLLT, Manager at Hilton Lake Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Sue Russell K,

I appreciate you posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Hilton Lake Taupo. It is very pleasing to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit with family in one of our spacious Three Bedroom Apartments.

It is fantastic to hear that you were able to make use of the hotel facilities including Celebrity Chef Simon Gault's Bistro Lago restaurant. The 20% dining discount mentioned is currently part of one of our global promotions so I encourage other viewers to consider our Dinner Bed and Breakfast package.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Lovely Professional staff. Clean room no complaints. Will be back again Definitely, loved the hole ambience of the place, Our views were lovely, staff very helpful and accomadating to our needs. Thank yous for the great breakaway.

1  Thank g22ridah

Dear g22ridah,

Thank you for posting feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay and plan to return in the near future.

We look forward to welcoming you back again shortly.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were passing through and stayed for one night and stayed at the hotel. The check-in took forever. The king junior suite was lovely. There were three bed in our room, a sofa bed and 2 singles.We didn't have the nicest view but we did have a balcony. There were 2 tvs and 3 pools, a kiddy pool, a spa and a luke warm larger pool. I left my phone in my room and after check out i relized and rang and told them and there was no problem there at all. I really enjoyed my stay with my family and hope to go back!

Room Tip: Request a room with a nice view.
2  Thank ljpz123

Dear ljpz123,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time and appreciate your feedback regarding check-in. We try to keep check-in formalities as swift as possible however due to our many facilities and services like to also ensure we advise of all to do. I do appreciate your feedback and will review your check-in with our team.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed for only 1 night but would have liked to stay longer. Rooms beautifully appointed. We had a junior suite, so lots of space, however, still only tea and coffee facilities in room. Bathroom well equipped, but small for a suite. Very clean and wonderfully comfortable beds! Pool and spa area lovely. Staff friendly and helpful. Quite a way from town, so you would definitely need a vehicle and disappointingly, no views from our room. We would stay here again

Room Tip: Request room with a view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CF-AKLLT, Manager at Hilton Lake Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear PRICIE,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is pleasing to read that we met your expectations and that you found our team friendly and helpful.

I appreciate your comment regarding our location, being a 5-minute drive to town and are pleased to advise that taxi's and alternative transport are available for guests who travel to Taupo by air or other meas. Additionally our elevated location and lake facing rooms offer some of the best views available in Taupo.

I do hope that we will see you again sometime soon.

Safe travels,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Arrived at reception and asked for the cheapest room. Was offered a $300 room with a lake view. Pity about having to walk so far outside to find the block that the room was in. Room is massive and could do with more furniture to make it feel more friendly. To see the lake you have to go to the sliding door and there is a glimpse of the lake in the distance. The immediate view is of a gravel area(undeveloped carpark) and State Highway 5 into Taupo. Bathroom is good and nice toiletries. The "lake view" rooms get no sunshine as they face south and the room opens onto a deep covered balcony which you share with others. Could do with some large potted plants to cheer it up a bit. Overall the room and balcony are dark, and cold. I think the rooms on the other side of the building would get the sun but no lake view, for what it was worth. Restaurant was disappointing - found something that looked like pet fur in my food. The waiter said it was lint. Wouldn't eat there again. Had higher hopes for this being a Hilton. I think this place lets the Hilton brand down.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
CF-AKLLT, Manager at Hilton Lake Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear MonAbri,

I appreciate you taking the time to post feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is disappointing to read that we did not meet your expectations.

In response to your feedback, I am pleased to confirm that the vacant section in front of the hotel will next month be redeveloped into additional car parking for hotel guests with surrounding gardens and defined markings.

I appreciate your comment regarding views of the lake from the hotel. In our elevated position between Lake Taupo and Mt Tauhara the hotel offers greater panoramic views and is only a short 10-minute stroll to the lakefront. I am also sorry to read that you found the sun was lacking from your balcony however I can confirm in summer we have some fabulous days in Taupo and I encourage you to come back to experience some of our many summer activities.

Bistro Lago restaurant is owned and managed by Celebrity Chef Simon Gault. I have passed your feedback on to the manager of Bistro Lago. I am confident that due to the restaurants very high standards your feedback will be very much appreciated.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Booked in for 2 nights, our room was very clean and had a great view of the lake. Room service was excellent. we didn’t have to request for anything. The staffs were very helpful and made sure at all times everything was ok. Will definitely return!

Room Tip: Request for a Lake view room,has a great view of the lake.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Priya L,

Many thanks for taking the opportunity to share feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is always very pleasing to know that we have exceeded guest expectations and I thank you for sharing this with us.

Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.