“just fabulous”

The Bistro
Ranked #3 of 141 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Bistro is a small family owned restaurant focused on simple clean flavours and honest tasty food from fresh local produce, all in a relaxed causal setting to provide our guests with moments that last a life time.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Arrived around 7 for a meal, decided to just have a main, we all ordered the pork Belly, this was just so beautiful, the best I have ever had. I Manager an accommodation business in Taupo so will definitely see more patrons in the future. The german waitress was the best, the best I have ever seen, a credit to your business.

Class A performance

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Superb balanced meal (swordfish) on a bed of vegetables with huge range of tastes and textures. Kapiti blue cheese for pudding was excellent with chutneys and fruit. Definitely one of the best meals we have had in NZ and for about $50pp in total

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great meal, great service. I have special dietary requirements and they willingly fulfilled them. I didn't miss out.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

This has to be the best Restaurant food that I have had for a long long time. There 7 of us that dined here last night and we were all impressed by the food, service and atmosphere. It is also very good value for money, I have paid a lot more at places that don't offer half as much as The Bistro does. Dont look any further if you want a good place to eat in Taupo!!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We arrived in Taupo on a rainy evening and just got in the first decent looking place we found. Well, what a surprise. The ambiance is lovely, the food is excellent and the service is superb. We had the two specials of the evening. My wife had sword fish and I had the sirloin steak. Both dishes were of very high quality at a very reasonable price. We also appreciated the small complimentary hors d'oeuvre and the home-made bread served with olive oil at no extra charge. One waitress, a German young woman, manages the whole room flawlessly. We marveled at how she could do it. A real dynamo! We didn't stop in Taupo, but if we had, we would have gone back for sure.