“Enjoyed the experiance”

Cuisines: Asian
Timaru, New Zealand
“Enjoyed the experiance”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

When staying in Taupo we spotted this resturants add .The experiance was pleasant, staff were friendly and over all pretty good Some of the food that was pre cooked like wontons spring rolls etc were very dried out from sitting to long in heat.
There was a good selection of other food and the choose your own selection and watch it cook on the giant BBq was delicious.We felt it was good value for money and even given gold card discount.

• Visited April 2013

Taupo, New Zealand
“About kitcken and food safety”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I been BBQ muster I a gree with some of costomer give complianed about the persional hygine chef enter to cook not even wash thier hand ect.......costomer service is good the place is good.the boss is friendly and welcome.if you pay $27 for buffe is not expensive for the right food.

• Visited December 2012
Rockhampton, Australia
“BBQ Master - maybe. Service or Hygine Master - NO!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We went here for diner when recommended by some other travellers on a tour we did in Taupo. The idea of being able to choose from a buffet of raw meat, seafood and vegies then watch a chef BBQ it for you sounded good but the place was a real let down. Staff seemed uninterested in the customers, the atmosphere was like a cheap family diner and the advantage of watching the chef was that we saw him drop a utensil on the floor then pick it up and continue to use it. having said that, the food was ok and this place might be ok for a family with kids looking for a moderately priced ($27 pp) buffet, steer clear if you are looking for something with intimacy or customer service.

tauranga
“Kids loved it”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great easy meal out nice food, do think resturant could do with a tidy up and maybe a fresh new look but apart from that all good

Visited February 2013
Orlando, Florida
“No, no, no.....disgusting. Dont eat here!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Walked in with hardly no one there, employee looked like he was lost. Asked for a menu, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Showed me the buffet, warm meets, etc. all disgusting. Ate a few small pieces of nasty chicken, and some bottom of the bowl rice which both looked like they were sitting there for a few days. Had a tiny bit of ice cream which was okay, but the chocolate syrup seemed watered down. Was done in five minutes because I was ready to get out of this nasty tasteless place. He never brought me a bill and I was more than ready to go, so I stood up and had to wait five minutes for someone to pay attention. Finally he came over and I asked him where to pay and needed my bill. He prompted me over to the bar area, and he questioned my about only having one plate? Told him I wasnt that hungry and just wanted to get out of here. He said since I only had one small plate he would not charge me full price. So I pulled out ten dollars and gave it to him and he looked at me like I was nuts. He said the usual price was over $27, and he would only charge me $19.95!!!!!!!!! What? I said are you serious????!!! So I gave him an extra $10, and told him to keep the change.
Junk food, overpriced, and terrible service! Dont eat here!

• Visited January 2013