“BBQ Master - maybe. Service or Hygine Master - NO!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Barbecue, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Rockhampton, Australia
“BBQ Master - maybe. Service or Hygine Master - NO!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We went here for diner when recommended by some other travellers on a tour we did in Taupo. The idea of being able to choose from a buffet of raw meat, seafood and vegies then watch a chef BBQ it for you sounded good but the place was a real let down. Staff seemed uninterested in the customers, the atmosphere was like a cheap family diner and the advantage of watching the chef was that we saw him drop a utensil on the floor then pick it up and continue to use it. having said that, the food was ok and this place might be ok for a family with kids looking for a moderately priced ($27 pp) buffet, steer clear if you are looking for something with intimacy or customer service.

tauranga
“Kids loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great easy meal out nice food, do think resturant could do with a tidy up and maybe a fresh new look but apart from that all good

Visited February 2013
Orlando, Florida
“No, no, no.....disgusting. Dont eat here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Walked in with hardly no one there, employee looked like he was lost. Asked for a menu, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Showed me the buffet, warm meets, etc. all disgusting. Ate a few small pieces of nasty chicken, and some bottom of the bowl rice which both looked like they were sitting there for a few days. Had a tiny bit of ice cream which was okay, but the chocolate syrup seemed watered down. Was done in five minutes because I was ready to get out of this nasty tasteless place. He never brought me a bill and I was more than ready to go, so I stood up and had to wait five minutes for someone to pay attention. Finally he came over and I asked him where to pay and needed my bill. He prompted me over to the bar area, and he questioned my about only having one plate? Told him I wasnt that hungry and just wanted to get out of here. He said since I only had one small plate he would not charge me full price. So I pulled out ten dollars and gave it to him and he looked at me like I was nuts. He said the usual price was over $27, and he would only charge me $19.95!!!!!!!!! What? I said are you serious????!!! So I gave him an extra $10, and told him to keep the change.
Junk food, overpriced, and terrible service! Dont eat here!

• Visited January 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Gone downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Been 2 years since last visited, quality of food and breadth of offer have gone backwards. Oysters gone and dessert menu smaller which was a disappointment for kids

Sydney, Australia
“First Visit & In Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I love this place. The food is so so awesome. I had my fill of seafood, scallops, fish, mussels and prawns twice, and it is cooked while I watched. If you are not in to seafood there is meat and chicken and lots more. I have never been to a place like this before and I absolutely loved it. Staff are extra great too.

Visited December 2012