“Thank you for the coffee!”
Review of The French Cafe - CLOSED

The French Cafe
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days from 8 a.M to 4 p.M, and open for dinner on fridays and saturdays evenings ( different menu ). Bookings required for dinners. Home made French cakes every day. Parking facilities, children playground, petanque area.
Australia
“Thank you for the coffee!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

On the way from Taupo to Napier, we needed a good coffee to kick start our morning and The French Cafe was gold! We also had some light and authentic French pastries which was a real treat! Do check them out! Really felt like we were in the French countryside for a moment!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SaltedKaramel

New Zealand
“Lovely cafe”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great coffee, good smiley prompt service, and the food did not dissappoint. Plenty of available parking and nice ambience. What more can I say!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank IvanNewZealand
tauupo
“attitude and cream”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Put me off, the young waiter lounged around at the counter, ignoring my presence, no one said thank you when I took back my glass as they were closing, when I questioned the extra price added to my coffee after they asked if I wanted cream, got a sulky response from barrista. No-one else in town charges extra for cream its just part of the entire cost of the coffee!! So I wont be back!!!! No excuse for bad manners just because cafe happens to be French!!!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank gina p
Melbourne, Australia
“A taste of France”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We sat outside under the shade of a big umbrella where we listened to music playing through the speakers while we ate a late lunch. I had buckwheat pancakes with chicken, lemon and mushrooms that was very tasty and very filling. After washing it down with a good coffee we then shared a lemon tart. The selection of french cuisine is quite extensive and the patissieres are to die for! Again, the service and friendliness of the staff was excellent. Very children friendly with a playground outside for the kids enjoy while you're enjoying a drink and a meal

• Visited March 2013
Taupo, New Zealand
“Something different”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had been meaning to try the French Café for awhile and finally went there for lunch on Saturday. Had a great lunch, good service, nice outdoor area and easy parking. The food is so fresh and authentic, nice to have something a little bit different. Will definitely be back to try something else!

• Visited February 2013