Tripadvisor

Pub n Grub
Ranked #50 of 172 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pub n Grub has one of the best outdoor seating areas to have a beer and a meal and watch the day pass by with the most amazing view on a sunny day of Lake Taupo and Mt Ruapehu. Offering our full menu from open till close, with the largest variety of tap beers in town. If its not a fine day we have a warm inviting bar or restaurant area with a pool table and gaming lounge.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just passing through Taupo, we decided to grab an early dinner- we were not disappointed. My wife ordered lambs fry and bacon, her absolute favourite and said it was one of the best. My chicken sandwich was way better than average, we will be back.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (386)

Reviewed January 4, 2020

only stopped for a coffee with friends situated just across from the great lake taupo with views of the mountains great coffe great servive

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

We had a lovely meal and thank you to all the staff. Pleasant and great service. And they where really busy.
Thank you Pub and Grub Taupo. Will definitely come back.

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

Nice place to sit down for a drink with a nice view of the lake. Food wasn't so good. We had a fish special of the day. Fish itself was very dry and there was no veggies with it. No seasoning and way too much sauce. Maybe we happened to eat there on a bad day.
Nice staff.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank KarolinaW0591
Reviewed November 4, 2019

I visited here with my cousin from overseas. At first when I asked if they do table service, the waitress kept telling me they do when in fact you have to walk up to the bar to order. My cousin went to the bar to place our order and was met by a young female who was the duty manager. She told my cousin that she needed to show NZ only identification to even sit at the restaurant as they are a licensed premise. When a foreign passport was offered, my cousin was continuously told that only NZ drivers licences or passports would be accepted. I confronted the manager who immediately lied and said she never said that, conveniently finding a poster that shows an overseas passport would be accepted. The manager was not apologetic at all for lying and became very rude, cutting me off to continuously ask for my passport. The place deserves a better manager who is actually capable of performing the duty of a manager and understands NZ alcohol laws! Highly would not recommend at all.

Date of visit: November 2019