“Sensational Food, Service & Ambience”

Victoria's Cafe Kitchen Bar
Ranked #8 of 139 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: Bar, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Victoria's is THE place to eat in Taupo. We refurbished 2014 and our new look is comfortable, warm, modern and classy with a great outside dining area. We are a bustling café serving innovative food in friendly atmosphere. We are the place to meet for both individuals and large groups for delicious speciality coffee and an amazing gastrocafe/pub dining experience. Our fabulous breakfasts and scrumptious lunches are prepared by our passionate in-house chefs and served by our friendly, knowledgeable team. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed July 12, 2014

DO NOT go pass this café. One look in the door at the crowds enjoying their food told me this must be a great place AND IT WAS. The very BEST toasted sandwiches ever, and the selection of food available, varied, fresh and delectable and the orders arrived in super quick time, beautifully presented and the hot items hot. The staff warm & friendly and the English girl behind the till, a really delightful lady. Made everyone in our group feel really welcome. Rest rooms immaculate. Will go again when back that way.

There are newer reviews for Victoria's Cafe Kitchen Bar

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Restaurant Name: Sierra Cafe
Location: 127 Tongariro Street, Taupo
Date: 30th May 2014 (Brunch)
Food Type: Breakfast/Brunch

_______________________________________

Décor: (9.0/10)
The cafe is delightfully stylish and modern. Framed posters with amusing sayings are scattered throughout and a rather colourful yet tastefully done menu board.

Atmosphere: (8.0/10)
Soft rock/pop music echoing in the background, the vibe here could easily cater to all generations with its laid back approach.

Service: (7.5/10)
Staff are very warm, friendly, and funny too. Great to see.

In Summary: (7.5/10)
This cafe has one huge thing going for it – its staff. From the brief encounter we had with them there was a genuine rapport that we rarely see anywhere else.
_______________________________________

(1) Coffee: (7.5/10 – better than the average coffee)
Cappuccino
Couldn't fault the coffee itself. Very frothy and the taste was great. Not sure why I ordered it though since I decided long ago that froth wasn't my cup of tea. It must say a lot though when a brand of coffee I don't particularly like leaves me with a satisfied smile on my face.

(2) Brunch: (7.5/10 – satisfying but odd)
I ordered the works – toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, etc. Everything about each of the contents spoke quality from the toast to the type of bacon they had on offer. For some odd reason though, I ended up eating all these things separately. None of these items seemed to get together all that well. I guess I'm just so used to eating standard tip top bread with my eggs and bacon.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

1st time to this cafe as another member of family invited us here for brunch. Looks very unassuming from the outside but on entering it's quite spacious. Display cabinets seemed to have a very large variety of food as well as choices from the menu board. Food was nice and service was good. Staff friendly. We were told on that day that this place is not only popular with visitors but also with the locals and have been told that again since, so that would have to account for something. We have returned a couple of times since and got a table in a quieter part of restaurant where the fireplace is - lovely! Had Eggs Benedict with salmon. Can't say it was perfect but it was close. Atmosphere seems to be very friendly. Will most certainly keep going back.

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

The outer appears quiet dark however inside is a mix of colours and vibrant staff.

Coffee was great, eggs were cooked just right on the eggs bene...yummy

Pricing was reasonable

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Brunch at Sierra a must, coffee is awesome, service is fast and friendly, Banana cake can be enjoyed any time of the day :-)
Nice warm building for the winter days.