Millennium Hotel and Resort Manuels Taupo
Hilton Lake Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$169
$159
  • Pool
Wairakei Resort Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$102
  • Pool
$481
$467
Gables Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$97
$90
Agoda.com
Beechtree Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$130
$96
Acapulco Motor Inn(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$75
$73
Cascades Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$92
$89
$247
$219
Priceline
The Lake Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
Priceline
Baycrest Lodge(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$141
HotelQuickly
All reviewsgrotto spaedgewater restaurantfirst floorthe ground floornew zealandlake edgelakeside locationwalking tracklake view roomlovely hotelswimming poolblack swanslovely roomupstairs roomjunior suitebuffet breakfastglass of wine
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights with my fiancé at Easter 2012. We booked the romance package which included bubbles and chocolates and a superior suite and it was worth every penny. From the second I arrived I was instantly relaxed and stayed like that for the entire trip. The view of the lake was amazing and the heated swimming pool and 'grotto' I will never forget -I can't describe how magical it was....we went on a day trip to Rotorua (The Luge) and also spent our last morning at the hot pools which were just 5 minutes drive from the hotel (Taupo DeBretts). Didn't eat in the hotel as the prices were a bit steep but there's a lovely little place up the road which serves English style pub meals and at a great price. Breakfast was amazing as well and they always made sure we had a window table which was so nice.Overall, I can't wait to get back there and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
OzzieTaupo, General Manager at Millennium Hotel and Resort Manuels Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear nicolamrodgers - thank you for sharing your wonderful experiences with us - I am so pleased we were part of this special happy time. Very best wishes for happy future - Diane

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed one night on business. The room was very comfortable. The hotel has a great outlook over the lake, and is right on the foreshore. I spent a pleasant evening in front of the gas fire in the lounge with a glass of good wine. I really felt like I was on holiday. The outlook across the lake from the dining room is spectacular. I would happily stay there again. Next time I would bring my swimming togs, so that I could use their excellent geothermally heated outdoor pool.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
OzzieTaupo, General Manager at Millennium Hotel and Resort Manuels Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear marsh21 - thank you for your comments, i am so pleased you were able to enjoy the wonderful location we have. If your stay was this last week you possibly enjoyed one of the magnificent red or mauve sunsets we had - magic!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future - best regards Diane

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Excellent accomodation. Clean, huge comfotable bed, huge TV, great views. Bathroom was small but clean. The only problem is that its a 30 minute walk from town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
OzzieTaupo, General Manager at Millennium Hotel and Resort Manuels Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Dear rachfoster1988 - thank you for your review - great to hear you enjoyed your room and views - sorry if big walk caused your any problems though. On a positive note there is not a lot of options available for accommodation on the lake side of the road until we get this far away from town. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your time in NZ and we have the chance to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards Diane

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Had travelled through to Taupo from Tauranga where I had been staying the past 2 nights at Quest Apartments which was a superb large modern apartment for the same price as I was paying here at Millennium. Instead here I got a poky exceedingly noisy room which on one side had an extremely noisy corridor (the bed was hard up against this noisy corridor wall) with kids running up and down it all evening and the other side looked out over the pool which was also really noisy. I understand that it was school holidays but I was staying on business and would have expected a quieter room to be allocated. Room was poky, had very dated decor, room service was overpriced, internet overpriced and overall I am exceedingly disappointed with my choice. Won't be returning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank beesblessing
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Dear beesblessing
I am so sorry that we caused you such disappointment – this most definitely is not what our good reputation is based on. It is very upsetting to read of your experience - as far as cleanliness is concerned, this is something we take very seriously and I can assure you will be addressed immediately. As you have mentioned, it was a very busy time with an exceptionally high occupancy of school holiday families.
I really do understand your disappointment when comparing your previous night in a new fully equipped apartment. Rates vary so much and may seem unjustified, but there are many indicative reasons why this hotel has higher rates, such as, no of rooms, service levels, wage costs, location rates, thermal water maintenance and too many more to mention with this response. The special deal you purchased was only available in the studio queen room; however we do have many other larger units available on the beautiful lakefront which prove to be very popular even with the higher rate. We welcome any special requests, e.g. a quieter ,on business room and will do whatever we can to gain guest satisfaction and return. We do offer 30 minutes free wireless connection daily and will be moving forward to better broadband deals in the near future.
Once more I apologise for not gaining your confidence in our services by our actions during your stay and the extra special deal on checkout.
Thank you for sharing your review – it is important for us to be aware of any attention needed for improvements and guest satisfaction.
Kind regards
Diane

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed at Manuels for a long weekend with their 'romance' package which included Deutz and chocolates and a buffet breakfast. Overall, the hotel provided an enjoyable stay. Friendly staff, clean rooms, 5 star view.
Buffet breakfast had a good selection of cereals, hot food and tinned fruit. We dinned later in the morning and found that there was still a large selection of food.
Only issue I really had was the hygiene of the pool and grotto spa. The pool had a few hairs floating and other little bitties (tiny leaves?) I could see this with googles under the water. Temp was good, though. Grotto pool was a spa inside a dark cave and the door could be locked and booked. We took a light in to the grotto and it really needed a good clean - people would not see this in the dark.
We would stay again, the overall experience was very good. $305 per night was what we had to pay.
P.S if you are looking for a lovely place to dine - try 'Plateau'. It is amazing.

Room Tip: Choose the room on the lake ground floor with a California King bed. You will get the best nights sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear Sammie1991pn - Thank you for sharing your experience and I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed our fabulous views and some dining experiences.
Your comments about pool water is being taken seriously and I can assure you the pool water is tested and treated daily for health and hygiene standards. I apologise sincerely for this spoiling your relaxation in the pool area however.
Hope to welcome you back on another occassion. kind regards Diane