“Good & tasty”

Indian Delights-Lake Front
Ranked #26 of 141 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Specialised in Authentic INDIAN cuisine on Lake view Taupo with COMPLIMENTARY MILLION DOLLARS VIEW OF MT RUAPEHU
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Good flavours & good size portions. Friendly service when you get some. Seems to be under staff. Don't go if you are wanting food in a hurry. Order your food, enjoy the views & wait for your food to arrive patiently. Will go back again for the food.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Very flavoursome food and generally good service. Our Grabone voucher was mentioned and we were quickly advised that we could not use it with any other offer which seems fair as they are taking a cut in profits just to get us in there. It was cold as they had just opened and they moved the heater right next to our table which was great. We ordered a Palak Paneer and a Milouni Tarkari both of which were from the vegetarian menu and had spinach as the main ingredient. We requested that the spinach was swapped with mushrooms in the Tarkari dish which they happily did. This was then an awesome dish. We both enjoyed meals and would possibly go again when in Taupo. Its a little on the pricey side but the flavours are worth it.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I should have read some of the reviews on here first before purchasing a voucher off Grabone!

I rung up and booked a table for the two of us stating we had a Grabone voucher (which cost $25 but gave us $50 to spend on whatever we liked at this restaurant), which he said was fine. We arrive and were seated by one waiter, then an older waiter came and asked for our order, we were unsure of what we wanted and he offered us a $19.90 special which included a selection of different curries (which we could choose one) a naan and rice. We jumped at that and said yeah why not! We then thought before our mains we could try a entree, as we are not Indians we were unsure of what each entree was, I was umming and arring over Onion bhaji's then thought that we don't need them, the waiter we had then said "Oh I'll throw some in for you to try" that meaning to us that a small portion will be given to us to try free of charge.

Nevertheless, our meal was pretty yummy and the view was amazing.

When we were finished we went up to the counter to show him our Grabone voucher, his reply "sorry no that voucher cannot be used on the $19.90 special" i said excuse me when i rung up i clearly stated that i had a voucher so why would you offer the $19.90 special. He just kept saying no, no, no!!! I continued arguing the point and in the end he charged us for each individual dish, naan, rice AND ONION BHAJI'S!!!!!!! I was disgusted with how he treated us as the voucher we had only covered $50 so i had to pay the remaining amount that was over $50.

He even said he was the one that took my call on the phone, so why did he offer me that special knowing that i had a Grabone voucher??

I work in an industry where recommendation are used alot, this is one place i will not recommend.

2  Thank kiwigaltraveller
Reviewed April 20, 2014

After much debate about which Indian restaurant to choose, we opted for one we knew had a nice view, they also had a lunch special from $10.90 for curry rice & naan.

Was rather gloomy upstairs and no lights were on in the indoor dining area, almost looked like they were not yet ready for service, or just saving on power bill? Lunch was nice but my friend thought her naan bread wasn't too great, we both had Butter Chicken/Rice/Garlic Naan for $13.90 seemed quite a bargain, didn't take too long to arrive, but then there were on 4 customers in total (was just after 12 when we arrived on Easter Sunday).

Service was not that friendly, food tasted very similar to any other I have tried in town so apart from the view there is not much to lure me back? Better atmosphere can be found elsewhere in town.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Terrible service. Ordered online at 6.30pm for delivery on Easter Sunday, delivery was accepted and had confirmation email stating delivery time 7.20pm. Received phone call from restaurant at 7.30pm advising they were to busy for our order (this was near an hour after placing order and receiving confirmation). They also said we weren't entitled to the free delivery or 10% of special for ordering online that was advertised on there website. They decided they would still deliver when I kicked up a fuss about the poor service. I then had to phone back at 8.10pm because our order did not turn up. I phoned six times before someone answered. They advised they would call me back... They never did... Order arrived sometime around 8.40pm... 2 hours after original order was placed! Shocking service, not all our order turned up and value for money was crap. Word of warning, don't bother eating here, it's a waste of time. Wish I had have looked here before Spending $90!

2  Thank Kijaco01