Andrew Christmas Professional Trout Fishing Guided Tour
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not a happy bunny”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Booked a guided trip with Andrew, who advised that he personally wouldn't be able to take us in the day but said he could send some one else, which we agreed to prior to booking. There were three in our party, and we wanted a 6 hour trip, which we got. Both of my sons caught a couple of trout, but I missed out. I did hook what I was told was a 6lb brown, but lost it when the line broke. The guide tied a new leader, which snapped when he pulled it up, and he did this twice in succession. The third time he didn't pull it up so tight, whether or not it would have held if I had hooked another fish we'll never know! I've never fished in NZ before, but I think given the size of the fish, and the rate of flow of the river 6lb fluorocarbon was not the best choice, but on the day it was the only choice. Maybe it was a bad batch, maybe it wasn't, either way it cost me the only fish I hooked on the day.

Visited February 2014

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Tight lines on Taupo”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had a great couple of days guided fishing with Andrew. He has an amazing knowledge of the rivers around Taupo and exactly where to go to catch trout according to the conditions. All fishing equipment is provided and Andrew is able to drive you to and from your accommodation in Taupo. I've not done much fly fishing for trout in rivers before and learned a lot about the techniques you need. It was really exciting wading and casting for good sized rainbow trout even if the trees along the riverbank made it somewhat challenging at times!
Would definitely recommend Andrew as guide.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Randolph M
Colorado
“Excellent guide”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Andrew is the best guide we have used. We had booked with another guide a year in advance and he cancelled on us the day before our scheduled outing. Andrew was recommended and he put together three great days for us with little notice. He is definitely an expert on the area and we would highly recommend him.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Rynoky
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun on the River!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My partner and I went fishing with Andrew for a half day after his recommendation from the owner of the fishing store in town. We had never gone fly fishing before and he was very helpful and patient and we tangled our lines time and time again. All gear provided, pick up from the hotel, what more could you ask for? Also, I didn't catch any trout but wasn't bothered and enjoyed watching him catch tons. We took one at the end and had it cooked in town for dinner. Fun and memorable day!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank talhotblond
Wollongong, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2 rainbow trouts and a happy chappy”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was tossing up for a couple of hours whether to go fishing, ended up walking into a fishing shop on the corner and andy was helping out in there, i was asking about prices and where and when, he picked me up from my hotel and took me to a quality spot where we wadded(equipment provided) through a stream where he set me up, teaching me how to cast and going through different techniques. we spent about 3 hours out there having a a laugh catching about 4 fish and it rained all the time. best thing i have done in a while. highly recommend it. great time, cheers Andrew.

Visited October 2012