“Watch their charges”

Bodyfuel
Ranked #10 of 137 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ohope, New Zealand
“Watch their charges”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I could not believe that they charged me an extra 50c to use my credit card as my purchase was for 2 flat whites and wasn't up to their regulatory $20 to use credit card without a surcharge. I have never been charged at other places even if I only buy one cup of coffee. We had not long had lunch which was way over the $20 limit but alas no compensation for the previous payment could come into their reasoning! Its actually not about the 50cents but the feeling of being ripped off that irks me. Food and coffee are still good but left a sour taste!

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best I've had in Taupo!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Amazing food!! Great friendly service, was a busy Sunday and both food and coffee came out in good time a very enjoyable brunch.

1 Thank EmmaJoanna
“Delicious, healthy food”
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Excellent selection of yummy looking food for a range of dietary requirements. Loved the porcini risotto cakes for lunch! Great coffee too. Very busy, even early in the week.

1 Thank Empyrerose
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Great For People With Dietary Limits”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Every time I go to Taupo, I visit Bodyfuel because my wife is gluten and dairy intolerant; they are one of the only cafes I know that clearly label their food with colored dots indicating gluten, dairy and meat free dishes, it makes life so much easier, and we've been REALLY impressed by how many options there are for her! The owner is a really friendly chap; I did ask him what kind of flour he used for the gluten & dairy free Banana bread once, but he explained that he just couldn't tell me because so many of the other cafes in town want the recipe for it! Coffee is divine and the place had a great vibe. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bill P
Wellington, New Zealand
“Don't go here if you have dietary limits”
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

The place is fine the owner thinks by asking what is in his food is asking for the recipe. Crazy, ate nothing because he has spent thousands perfecting his recipes and he can't reveal them. I wanted to eat the food not make it.