“Best fishing ever”

The New Zealand Flyfishing Company
Melbourne, Australia
“Best fishing ever”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The best couple of days fishing I have ever experienced. Our guide was excellent. His confident and relaxed approach spread to the rest of us and we felt expert by association. The fish were awesome but the mountain and lake wilderness setting stole the show - how lucky you are in NZ. I had a fantastic holiday returning home properly rejuvenated. Can't wait to get back.

Visited March 2012

Auckland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trout-tastic!”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I had one of my most rewarding days angling with a friend under the expert and congenial guiding of Gary from NZ Fly Fishing.

Gary showed me new, highly rewarding areas of the Taupo fishery, with some stunning scenery to boot.

The boat Gary uses deserves a special mention, electric motor gliding silently over lake and river, its open and comfortable configuration enables you to concentrate on your cast.

Over the course of the day I learned much to improve my fishing, with comprehensive but never patronising advice from Gary on all aspects of angling for trout.

Great company, one of my best day's fishing ever, a step forward on the endless quest for fishing perfection. I am really looking forward to getting back out there with my friends on another visit soon.

Thanks to you Gary, and best wishes

Barney Geerligs

Visited May 2011
1 Thank Spdy_Gonzalez
baltimore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“world class fishing and a must do expedition with the NZFC team if in Taupo!”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

been out to NZ the last 2 years and have experienced day & overnight trips with the NZFC team and their knowledge of the local rivers systems and fly fishing expertise is second to none from my past experiences fly fishing world renown destinations. They can accommodate a world class angler looking for a trout of a lifetime or a first time novice learning how to fly fish. Super friendly team and would recommend to any and all visiting Taupo!

Visited March 2011
1 Thank jjsbaltimore
Taupo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved it - had alot of fun”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My family got me a day out as a gift as I have wanted to learn to flyfish for a long time. I had had friends try before but it was great to be shown by a pro. We were lucky with the weather and the spot was just gorgeous. We could see the fish and I had a good strike which was a real buzz. I'll be back to land one next time.

Visited August 2011