Lake Taupo Holiday Resort
$84
$69
$93
$89
Gables Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$123
$113
Agoda.com
Acapulco Motor Inn(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$71
$69
Oasis Beach Resort(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$72
$67
Agoda.com
Sails On The Lake(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$108
$100
Agoda.com
Cascades Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$85
$82
Travelocity
Le Chalet Suisse Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$85
$79
Agoda.com
All reviewsswim up barjumping pillowbig screenmovie screenlagoon poolpowered siteensuite cabinawesome holidaythe kitchencamping groundself contained cabingreat facilitiesgreat parkcamper vanclean facilitiesgreat poolgames room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Brilliant - kids loved it, the staff were amazing and very helpful. Everything was pretty much at your finger tips.

Bummed that i didn't book earlier for the Christmas period as the kids wanted to go back again - oh well will have to go to the Rotorua Top 10 but once i get a free weekend again, we will be back

Room Tip: Book Cabin 11 - so bloody handy to everything
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
TaupoTOP10, Manager at Lake Taupo Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Thankyou for your feedback, we're very happy that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Enjoy Rotorua!!

Reviewed December 18, 2011

We had a 2 bedroom self- contained unit.

The grounds of this park are huge and facilities are good. Our unit was set in a little corner with excellent surroundings and barbecue pit.

However, while the interior was clean and new, the place was just too small for the 4 adults it was meant to house. Plus, if you're looking for a sofa bed to perhaps slip in a child or another adult, you're out of luck. Smallest sofa I've ever seen.

Location is a few minutes out of town, but it's right opposite Taupo golf club, so no complaints from me.

This place is great if you have kids who want to spend lots of time using the recreational facilities within the park.

Overall, I couldn't help thinking that, for the price, I could have gotten a similar experience at any motel in town.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
TaupoTOP10, Manager at Lake Taupo Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

Thankyou for your review, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Lake Taupo Holday Resort. With regards a sofa bed, we used to have these in the room in question but after complaints about comfort we changed these for the Leather sofa's now there and are planning to upgarde these rooms to include two tub chairs in the near future. You may have had a similar experience at a motel in town but there wouldn't have been the range of facilities on offer (free BBQ's, heated pool, tennis courts etc) all of which are included in the price paid. Thankyou again for your feedback.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Our family had booked to stay here in the new year of 2012 and were very excited. our accomodation had been changed a few times over the phone as the staff were obviously not experienced to take the booking ,we were then sent confirmation of our booking and then charged ,so very excited at this stage and looking forward to our hoilday. four days later we recieved a phone call to say they could no longer accomodate us even though we had confirmation and they had our money, as we were not staying long enough and they obviously had people who could stay longer at that time ,so cancelled our booking, tried to blame me for their error and did not even try to offer us or recommend anything else .Its very dissappointing when you find somewhere ,tell the kids all about it, pay just under $300 for it and then its cancelled and they did not care less.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank tkitch
TaupoTOP10, Manager at Lake Taupo Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2011

Unfortunately this booking fell inside our 'five night minimum' period over Xmas and New Year and after numerous changes from the customer (both unit type and length of stay) we were unable to continue with a one night booking. The customer was given an immediate refund and several apologies all of which have been overlooked but is sadly unwilling to accept that is their actions that have resulted in the loss of this reservation.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

An extremely presentable and quality park… Facilities and service second to none… Yes it’s slightly pricier than some other top 10 parks, but geeze you definitely see that the money goes back into the park facilities!! For that reason alone I couldn’t judge the price when I have such facilities, security and service provided.. The reception alone was better than the hotels we visited on our trip!!

We had a 6 berth motor home on a powered site with concrete pad and stayed for 4 nights… I contacted the park well in advance to book and also to learn of the rates clearly stating how many people in our party…
I am aghast to read the 24th October, 2011 review and their unrealistic expectations on what is obviously a sad, yet freak accident which quite frankly has nothing to do with the park owners... Why you would expect the park owner to apologise for another park visitors tiny earring lost in the pool...has me completely lost!

We couldn’t fault this park and its staff and highly recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
TaupoTOP10, Manager at Lake Taupo Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you for your review, it's wonderful to know you had such a great time and we hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday as much as you enjoyed Taupo.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Our family of 4 (two kids aged 10 and 8) have just returned from a 3 night stay at this resort. Firstly can I say that if you are looking for facilities for kids then you can't really go past it. There is a large jumping pillow, a thermally heated pool and spa and a decent playground. Those are the things they include in their exhorbitant rate - anything else - you pay pay pay!
I baulked when originally booking and actually took it up with the resort as I am sick of seeing rates advertised (as they did) at a set rate which when you then book they tell you is only for 2 people (even though its a family unit that sleeps 4) and charge you an extra $30 per child! That left us paying $783 for 3 nights and its not even summer yet! Obviously we were prepared to pay as we still went - I specifically wanted somewhere that the kids would have heaps to do as my husband needed the car to do an outdoors course for 2 of the 3 days we were there. What got me is that even though we paid more than we could have to stay at the Hilton this resort don't actually service your room at all! They will 'exchange your towels when you take them to reception' but other than that - nothing! Zip! There is also no free wi-fi in the more expensive rooms, the TV channels are wrongly numbered, there is nowhere to hang 4 towels to dry them (unless you want to trek to the office each day!) and a tiny heated towel rail for 1 maybe 2 towels - but certainly not 4 - and the duvet on our bed was ripped - none of which you would expect from somewhere that calls themselves 5 star accommodation.
Admittedly the rooms are nice - they are new and they are clean. The property itself is immaculately kept and the grounds are great.
They strangely have no newspapers at the shop when they have most other things and they also charge kids to use the games in the games room - not the case in other holiday parks and indeed Top 10 holiday parks we have stayed in.
Perhaps the most alarming incident which highlights the lack of service side of things was when I was watching the kids swimming in the heated pool when my son came towards me in tears saying he had a nail in his foot. There were other people in the pool so I was a little disbelieving as I walked towards him saying 'don't be silly of course you don't'. He did have something deeply lodged in the heel of his foot and was in a large amount of pain and distress. My daughter ran to the office to get someone who came back with her to check out the situation. I asked if anyone had first aid training as my son wouldn't let me near his foot and I told her if nobody did I would like her to call an ambulance (as I didn't have a car). Someone else came back 10 minutes later to say an ambulance had been called and she brought a raggy old towel with her - still not quite sure why.
The owner/manager arrived another 10 minutes later to say the ambulance was coming and came back with the two ambulance officers 5 minutes later when they arrived. Turned out it was an earring lodged in his foot and it was relatively easily removed. We received not one iota of an apology or explanation from anyone - excepting the manager telling the ambulance guys that the resort vacuum the pool each morning - obviously in an effort to defend themselves in the eyes of potential critisism. Surely an apology or acknowledgement of some sort wouldnt have been too much trouble? My husband and son went to hire a ride on bike the morning we left (less than 24 hours later) and the manager completely ignored my son and when asked if we could hire for half an hour instead of an hour was told that it was fine to have them for half an hour but you still have to pay the hour price!
Sorry - but we won't be returning - we will head to the Hilton next time where they actually know what customer service is and you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank cocopops1971
TaupoTOP10, Manager at Lake Taupo Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Thank you for your review of our property. We are very sorry your son got an (earring with butterfly attached - approx 2mm) in his heel while swimming in our hot pool. According to our reception staff on duty on the day, all 3 of them attended to both you and your son and called the ambulance as requested. 2 of our 3 staff on duty do have first aid training and a first aid kit is available in reception, but your son wouldn't let anyone near him but an ambulance officer. Our staff were concerned and did all they could in the situation and apologised to you and your son for this incident. Our pool is cleaned every morning, unfortunately this was a freak accident for which we sincerely apologise. We hope you all had a safe journey home after your labour weekend holiday.