“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro Lago

Bistro Lago
Ranked #27 of 134 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: European, New Zealand, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Started with drinks in the bar the log fire was on lovely. I had pork belly to start my wife had blinis both fantastic we both had lamb rack for mains on recommendation from waiter and was amazing. Dessert I had cheese my wife had rice pud she loved it had a little hint of cinnamon . We will be back

Visited May 2014
Dear Daniel W,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Tripadvisor, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent experience at Bistro Lago, there is nothing better than sitting next to a fire during a cold evening.

I have passed your feedback to both front of house and kitchen team

“Never let's us down! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I recently found myself at Bistro Lago for the third time in a month to celebrate another family milestone. The atmosphere was lovely and we had a table by the fire adding to this. The food was wonderful - they have a fantastic menu that caters for everyone. My mum has a gluten intolerance and all but two main options were gluten free. Our lovely European waiter was quick to check the severity of mums intolerance and give advice. My teenage siblings who can be fussy eaters were both thrilled with the menu and are keen to go back soon to try more of the menu. My favorite is the lamb rack - cooked to perfection, the black garlic is a delicious addition to the dish.
All the staff were very attentive and the great Matriè d that was on arranged a special plate of chocolate for my parents who were celebrating their wedding anniversary.
It was a wonderful evening and we will be back - Mother's Day perhaps?!?

Dear Taupoalys,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Tripadvisor, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent experience at Bistro Lago.

I have passed your feedback to the waiter Michal, all the rest of front of house and kitchen team.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

We came for an Anniversary Dinner, and had an amazing meal of smokes salmon and beetroot, and lamb rack with goats cheese mash, both were fantastic. Then the desert - Creme Brûlée and Rice Pudding which were spectacular. Thank you Bistro Lago for an Anniversary Dinner to remember, we will be returning.

• Visited April 2014
Dear maydon605,

I will pass your feedback to both front of house and kitchen team

Sydney, Australia
“Terribly Slow”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Celebration lunch ruined by desperately slow service. Being offered a cup of coffee between entree and main , "to keep us going" is bizarre to say the least. Excuses of being busy by hostess ( one table of 6 seated before our table of 4 )with only 8 tables in total occupied for duration of meal . Food nicely presented bt everyone mentioned overly seasoned.

Dear Swirl48,

thank you very much for your feedback of Tripadvisor and I am sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations during your recent lunch visit

I have passed your feedback to both the kitchen and front of house team.

Again, thank you very much and hope to see you dining with us next time you visit Taupo.

Hamilton, New Zealand
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times. Dined tonight and enjoyed some good meals and unfortunately some very (below) average meals and desserts. I guess the expectation is that a fine dining restaurant should get it right every time. Creme brûlée, rhubarb rice pudding and risotto missed the mark.
Service standard was enthusiastic but not polished.
Probably wouldn't spend $800 on a dinner here again sorry.

Dear jamo_mca,

thank you very much for your feedback of Tripadvisor and I am sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations during your last visit.

I Have passed your feedback to my Executive Chef Jason and the front of the house team.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback.