“I have to tell you how amazing this is.”
Review of Bistro Lago

Bistro Lago
Ranked #28 of 139 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“I have to tell you how amazing this is.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Before I forget where I am and what I had I must tell you about my night so far. Risotto with pear, and blue cheese and Jerusalem artichokes might seem simple to some but for me it sounded more like a dessert than a starter. I teased my palate with this strange combination and asked the maitre d for his wine recommendation. His Choice turned a great meal into an adventure that will not be forgotten. If you like great food and great wine don't go past bistro Lago in taupo

• Visited August 2013
Guido P, General Manager at Bistro Lago, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear crocteaser,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed both food and wine recommendation during your recent dining experience with us, I personally think the risotto dish just tastes delicious.

I have forwarded your feedback to both front of house and kitchen team.

We are looking forward at welcoming you back next time you decide to visit Taupo

Taupo, New Zealand
“Great service and amazing meals!!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I dined here last Saturday, and although the restaurant was fairly busy I found the staff had the time to ensure that we were well looked after, they were non-intrusive but always there when we needed them, very professional. The atmosphere was just right, great balance of lighting and multiple fires for warmth and adding a great visual aspect. I had the pleasure of trying the special of "Antarctic Toothfish" which was cooked to perfection followed by the wood roasted market fish ( which I think was blue cod) served with cloudy bay clams, both of these dishes have reinvented my love for seafood! Credit to you and your team, thanks for a great night out!!

Dear Rusty187,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor, I am glad to hear that you your recent dinner experience at Bistro Lago.

I have forwarded your feedback in regard to service and food to all front of house and kitchen team.

We are looking forward at welcoming you back soon.

Guido Paseri
“Excellent service matched to brilliant served and sourced food!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My partner and I recently dined here for a romantic and special dinner before the busy season of summer begins. It was great to be treated warmly and professionally even though the staff were really quite busy!! We had a wee aperitif in the gorgeous bar/lounge area before been taken to our table. I convinced my partner to order a nonvintage of Louis Roderer champagne as our aperitif which we could finish with our meals or at least our starters!! I enjoyed some delicate quail with black pudding followed by the hawkes bay lamb with a really interesting combination of sweetbreads! I would of loved to have remembered to take some photos to post with this but needless to say I was having such a great time and too eager to indulge in both company and good food I forgot :-( i would also like to thank all the wait staff especially Ben (i think thats his name) and all the kitchen team for an unforgettable experience!! All in all we will definitely be back next time we are in Taupo and might even treat ourselves to a room in the Hilton next door if our budget can stretch to that, I would much rather to spend our money on a great foodie experience rather than a bed for the night!

Dear Nzsquirt,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor, I am glad to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your recent dinner experience at Bistro Lago.

I have forwarded your feedback to both front of house and kitchen team.

Auckland, New Zealand
“Food is different”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The food is over fussy and over priced.
We had an unfortunate experience which thankfully the dining room manager rescued. There are many better places in Taupo

• Visited August 2013
Guido P, General Manager at Bistro Lago, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear WlidcatNZ

I very much appreciate you taking the time to share on TripAdvisor.
Please be assured that your feedback is very much appreciated.

I have passed your comments in relation to the food to the Head Chef and action has been taken to improve.

Again, thank you for sharing and I am sorry that we fell short on this occasion.

Kind regards
Havelock North
“Nice but not Great.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have eaten here before and had an amazing meal. This time the menu was lack lustre. The service average and the food was nice but not great. We were here for a birthday and wanted a 5 star experience with food and atmosphere. Atmosphere was good, restaurant very busy... But I was very un-inspired with menu and the food was only average for the price. We are happy to pay good money for good food, but I think the standards have slipped somewhat. Waiting staff lacked experience also. When we received our bread they didn't bring us a side plate or a knife. There is definitely room for improvement everywhere.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank monpetal
Dear Monpetal

I very much appreciate you taking the time to share on TripAdvisor.
Please be assured that your feedback is very much appreciated.

Kind regards