“Crayfish Delight”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

What a fabulous spot for a lunchtime treat! We sat in lovely ambiance looking out towards the mountains over a stunning blue lake and enjoyed the best crayfish treat ever. Service was fantastic - friendly, professional and attentive. Food well presented and sooo tasty! Highly recommend you book in for the crayfish special this month - great value and good winelist for matching. Thanks to Bistro Lago for making our lunchtime experience so great - we'll definitely be back for more!

Guido P, General Manager at Bistro Lago, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Amanda W

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review on Tripadvisor
I am glad to hear you enjoyed both food and service during your recent visit at Bistro Lago
I have passed your feedback to all front of the house and kitchen staff

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The wait staff were friendly & very helpful.
The menu was rather limiting - all the meals look like they have been prepared to a formula eg must look like the photo on the wall. The restaurant is convenient within the complex otherwise we would have eaten elsewhere in Taupo.

KiwiTravellers

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review on Tripadvisor

I have passed your feedback to Bistro Lago head chef Jason Lewis

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Mothers day set menu lunch was delicious Prawns to die for Free range chicken so so tender & as for Simon Gault's butterscotch pudding words fail me i came away so satisfied will be back again & again, Thumbs up also to all staff who was so helpful & friendly Well done to everyone

Guido P, General Manager at Bistro Lago, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Meg L

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your Mother’s Day lunch experience with us

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Mouth watering..... flavours galore!
We started with the bread and mascarpone butter which we shared- well that was TO DIE FOR.. should have ordered 2! We shared also the scallop entrée which was yum yum yum. Although delicious we did think that for $26 they could have perhaps put at least 5 scallops on the plate. (there were only 3).

The beef main was just melt in your mouth - perfectly cooked and and side salad of pear and gorgonzola was the perfect choice for us. Our plates were empty!

Dessert- pear crumble. Hubby liked it, but didn't love it. I tried it and I didn't like it at all, but hes a dessert person so if he liked it then it must be good.

Would love to go back here! Not cheap but worth the money for such tasty food!

Dear FrancesJH

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your dinner experience with us, the Taupo Beef eye fillet is a great main course and to be honest my favorite one of the whole menu.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had heard about the Simon Gault connection so decided to check it out whilst staying overnight in Taupo. We were warmly welcomed as soon as we arrived, and although not having made a reservation were offered a drink at the bar, and it wasn't long before we were offered a table with stunning sunset views. The place was really busy, but the way the staff moved around the restaurant seemed efficient and graceful, interacting with other guests and making a really pleasant atmosphere. The food was great, I had the Cervena venison entree and the pork escalope main, served with the most beautiful quince syrup. The wine list is comprehensive, all the usual NZ big hitters, as well as some smaller producers which is great to see. I think the best thing about this place though is the service. It's efficient, genuine and un-pretentious. A big thank you especially to our waiter Westen(?) who was fantastic. I don't know how involved Mr Gault is with this restaurant but there is obviously someone here looking after the day to day operation who really knows what there doing.

Dear Modconart

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your dinner experience with us, both Cervena and Pork are beautiful dishes.

I have shared your feedback with all the staff
We look forward to welcoming you back at Bistro Lago when you are next in Taupo.