“Great Meal and Service”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Dined in Bistro Lago Tuesday 26th March 2013. Tampura Prawns were delicious and the Taupo Eye Fillet Beef was cooked to perfection.

Mike and Kayla were wonderful and the service was excellent.

Many Thanks will be back again soon

Guido P, General Manager at Bistro Lago, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Karen J

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor and glad to hear you enjoyed our service.

I have passed your feedback to Mike, Kayla and the rest of the Bistro Lago team

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Dined with my husband while staying at the hotel, we were given a nice table with a view of the lake. Weston our waiter was very efficient. Food was really nice. We had the fish of the day and the coconut chicken. For desert I tried the petit fours. Very nice indeed. Can recommend this restuarant.

Dear carlablack

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor.

I have passed your feedback to Western and the rest of the team

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I ate at the wonerful Bistro Lago while staying at the Hilton on our honeymoon.
We were greeted by warm and friendly wait staff who quickly took us to a lovely table with a view.

Our orders were taken very quickly and food arrived in perfect timing.

Overall we had a lovely experience here and will definitely return on our next visit to Taupo.

Dear Lovetotravel22175

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor. It is great to read that you enjoyed your time in the restaurant and found the team most welcoming and helpful.

Please be assured that I will share your feedback with my team as a job well done!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just ate here for a special family occasion. Unfortunately let down by inexperienced and haphazard service. Long wait for entrees to arrive. Oddly, the complimentary bread and amuse bouche arrived before we'd ordered entrees, which may explain the long wait! Food was mixed, some mains were great and others average. My fish I enjoyed, but the fries ordered on side were a bit soggy as if they'd been standing for a while before arriving at the table. They did give a nice touch of complimentary petit fours and desert wine to the couple celebrating. But overall we expect a place like this to be much better than average, especially given the price and the name of Simon Gault.

Guido P, General Manager at Bistro Lago, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Mike J

I very much appreciate you taking the time to share on TripAdvisor and I am sorry to read that we fell short of your expectations on this visit. Please be assured that your feedback is very much appreciated.

I have passed your comments to the Head Chef in regard to the food quality and action has been taken to improve.

Again, thank you for sharing and I am sorry that we fell short on this occasion.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Breakfast was poor. They ran out of saucers, teaspoons, milk, etc . The bacon was inedible (dry and yukk). The double espresso was delivered slopped over the cup and only a "single shot". Our waiter on the Saturday night was arrogant and rude.

Dear ColleenBell

Thank you very much for the feedback in regard to your recent dining experience and I am sorry to read that we fell short of your expectations in this occasion.

Please be assured that your feedback is very much appreciated.

I have passed your comments in relation to the breakfast buffet to the Head Chef and action has been taken to improve.

Again, thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor

Kind Regards