“Brilliant”

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our original planned flight over Mt Ruapehu etc had to be x'celled as the mountains were covered in cloud, so we took the 1/2hr trip around the lake & geothermal area & was certainly not disappointed. It was both my husbands & granddaughters first time in a float plane. Our pilot was very good & gave a knowledgeable commentary of the area.
Will do again - highly recommend.

Phoenix, Arizona
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I visited Taupo for the first time and didn't arrive until 5pm
We had a walk round the harbour and saw the floatplane kiosk and asked the guys for details and whether they could do something immediately
They were excellent and when we decided to do the half hour west of the lake trip they also landed at a secluded beach sot hat we could take a short hike to a waterfall nearby
It was an amazing experience and our pilot was great - he gave us a running commentary and was very professional
Would highly recommend this to anyone as a 'must do' in Taupo

Brisbane
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Trip of a lifetime NOVEMBER 2009”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We went on 1 hour trip around bottom of lake and around volcano's, was a fantastic clear day, lots of great photo opportunities, all was good till we started heading back of Taupo, was a bit of a bang from motor, smoke in cabin, oil over screen, then what felt like was a nosedive, because we had such a experienced pilot he was able to land on water as if nothing had happened, but I'm sure the 3 of us onboard were packing it, many thanks for a once in a life time of memories, and a day we will never forget. This was in November 2009

Visited November 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A Fabulous Experience”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We took the kids on a spur of the moment 20 minute scenic flight as the weather conditions were perfect. Both my husband and I had previously been on small aircraft trips, but a float-plane was a first for everyone and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Our pilot (sorry cannot remember his name), was lovely and provided an informative commentary, and the scenery was just beautiful. It is worth mentioning that earlier in the year I arranged a special flight with Neil for my fathers 80th birthday, not only was Neil very helpful and accommodating, but he went the extra mile on the day and both my parents were thrilled with their flight experience. We plan to start saving to return!

Wellington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wow, fantastic!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We called in spur of the moment because the weather was perfect, and went on a 20 minute flight around the lake and surrounding area. A float plane is the only type of aircraft I hadn't tried, so the novel experience combined with superb views was worth every $.
Brilliant, highly recommended...