“good food, good service”

Thai Delight Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 134 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: BYO,takeaway & delivery
Brisbane, Australia
“good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I defaulted to Pad Thai based on other reviews, and while it was good I wished I tried something else. I guess I recommend to try something outside the box, because the Tom yum appetizer was amazing too.

• Visited March 2014

Taupo, Waikato, New Zealand
“wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I go here alot. I have mostly had lunch here as they have a half price menu at this time. But I have also been here in the evening. It is a quite large restaurant but not over crowded. The food staff and atmosphere are wonderful. I have never found any faults with the place and recommend it to anyone

• Visited February 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Wonderful and family friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Delicious! In addition the staff very very friendly and frequently talked to our kids, found toys to keep them amused and played games with them (which was great and allowed us to relax and enjoy our meal!!). The food came out quickly and they were very accommodating with providing extra utensils and plates so the kids could share. Everyone at our table enjoyed their meals and we will certainly visit again the next time we are in Taupo.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Belinda v
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Consistently good at the Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I visit NZ for a few months every year, with Taupo as the base.

We always try to fit in more than one lunch at the Thai Delight in Sun Court Tamumutu Street, particularly if lunching with friends.

Over the years there has been no shift in consistency.the food is authentic, prepared, cooked and served by Thai nationals. Divine food served with impeccable manners and a smile.

The problem for me is being unable to budge from green Thai curry or Pad Thai. I really should try something different.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank maggieallington
Taupo, New Zealand
“Lovely Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Good food at reasonable prices. In my opinion I think Pad Thai is hard to beat. The atmosphere and surroundings are pleasant and so are the staff.

• Visited January 2014