“Forget the rest - this is the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Concerts & Shows in Taupo
Brisbane, Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Forget the rest - this is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

For a real experience of thermal pools, take the time to spend a while at Wairakei Terraces. For a walk around through the grounds or for a relaxing dip in the thermal pools, it doesn't cost much and it is so worthwhile. The natural geyser feeds the terraces of pools that lead to the temperature graded spas for guests. The formations created complete the natural setting. The Mauri village and carving house are also worth a look around. Like all thermal areas, it's a good idea to have water and a sweet lolly on had to cope with the smell and grating on the back of your throat. Certainly a good way to relax and take a break from the journey.

Visited July 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

A neat take on hot pools as the overflow from the terraces seems to heat the pools. I went with my partner and we enjoyed ourselves there

Visited July 2013
Moncton, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“An incredibly relaxing hot spring experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

After days of driving and a sore back, I was delighted to grab a coupon from GrabOne.co.nz for half-price entry to the thermal baths. My partner and I arrived around 5pm after a day of sightseeing, and we stayed right until closing at 7pm.

What a delightful, soothing, relaxing experience. My muscles stopped cramping, my back loosened up. I may have even napped for a few minutes floating there serenely with the stars above. While the building could use some modifications, we were there for the hot springs and left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. If I lived nearby, I'd try to get an annual pass. Will definitely come back.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wairakei Terraces are not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We visited the terraces during the day and spent some hours absorbing this special place, so don't rush a visit. To wander in the beauty of the landscape and see what is being done culturally was a privilege. We stayed on to soak in the hot pools which are amazing, it was just getting dark on dark with a light rainfall that was magical as well as healing!
A very special place, I can't wait to return.

1 Thank wendy1811027
Centerville, Ohio
728 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3,754 helpful votes
“An inexpensive Taupo GEM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

First take the 40 minute tramp which includes a "Maori Village."

Next, there are 4 delightful geothermal pools. During our visit, we had the complex to our selves!!

$Great deal for $$$36.00.

Stay the day.