“Brilliant!”

15000ft Tandem Skydiving in Taupo
Ranked #1 of 55 Outdoor Activities in Taupo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skydive with TTS, New Zealand's original drop zone! With coast to coast views from 15,000 ft, free local pick up in our stretch Hummer and NZ's biggest range of camera options, your jump with us will be unforgettable! Choose between 12,000 ft and 15,000 ft, Freefall and Handycam footage and receive it all in HD on one of our free USBs! Qualmarked since 2004, your safety is our number one priority.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Utrecht, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

When you are offering such a cool activity as skydiving (and on such a beautiful location) it is almost 'normal' that everybody is commonly positive about it. However the service and enthusiasm of the entire team at TTS (from front desk to tandem masters) makes your experience even better!

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I did the skydive back in August 2013, it was winter back then and I was too cold to response to my instructor and camera man up in the sky at 12,000 feet. Didn't enjoy much tho due to the cold weather. I definitely want to do it again, but the 2nd skydive must be done in other seasons of the year and not in winter :)

Visited October 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Take your socks off!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Rather late in reviewing my skydive back in 2009 but it was so fantastic that , when prompted by Tripadvisor I am only too keen to encourage others.
Had prebooked online but as I chanced by the aerodrome the day before I made myself known. "Would you like to go on the next flight instead of tomorrow?" The sky was almost cloudless, no debate. Great welcome. Next, signing off the disclaimer and recording my daughters name and address in case of accident (!!!), weight check and pull on jumpsuit etc. and introduced to my jump buddy. Big guy, very reassuring, more than 1000 jumps on record. Joined by half a dozen other jumpers, all probably at least 30 years my junior, and their buddies. Crammed into small plane. Very cosy but great chatty atmosphere. Slight apprehension as we gained height, oxygen masks between 12 and 15000 feet. I was first out which may have helped. Little camera girl climbs out onto struts and braces herself on the edge of the tail. Buggy calls "Banana", and out we go. Head back and as we stabilise as if by magic the camera was dead ahead, little girl holding steady with we two hunks falling at whatever speed. Buddy calls to look both east and west, both coasts visible. Little cotton ball clouds beneath and Lake Taupo, Tongiriro, on glorious sunshine. No feeling of falling just floating and trying to take as much in as possible. Just before we deployed the chute the camera girl went into a straight down dive and disappeared from view. "Quick way down to get the pictures developed" A few more minutes to look around as we para glided down. Offered chance to drive... For a short while before easy landing. Looking up we could see the others not far behind us landing safely close by. All chuffed to bits. The party of 4 Dutch girls and boys had all set off without shoes and socks "feel the air through your toes". Regret that I hadn't done so too. Next time eh!

Visited January 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A must do!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Taupo from Wellington to do our skydive as we wanted to make it worth it and these guys didnt dissapoint! The staff are friendly and we felt totally comfortable they also made sure we were not put in any danger - the winds were too high for us to jump in the morning while sittting and waiting we noticed the pink plane down the road take people up though - not very good there! we recommend spending more and getting the video and photos its well worth it to show the experiance to your friends and family :) next time I go though will make sure I have gloves on its pretty cold up there and my rings nearly fell off eeek so in my pics and video I look like I want to punch someone haha I was given gloves but not sure where they went once in the plane! the view is amazing do it here if you are going to!! Well worth every cent thanks guys we will be back!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Nat M
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“First skydive! Awesome.”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

One of the best things I have done since travelling. This company is great and all of the staff are really friendly. Brad, Joel and Marley are amazing jumping buddies.

Visited September 2013