“They are professional and the experience is amazing!”

Taupo Tandem Skydiving
15000ft Tandem Skydiving in Taupo
Ranked #1 of 54 Outdoor Activities in Taupo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skydive with TTS, New Zealand's original drop zone! With coast to coast views from 15,000 ft, free local pick up in our stretch Hummer and NZ's biggest range of camera options, your jump with us will be unforgettable! Choose between 12,000 ft and 15,000 ft, Freefall and Handycam footage and receive it all in HD on one of our free USBs! Qualmarked since 2004, your safety is our number one priority.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“They are professional and the experience is amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff is professional and they are very friendly too! The gear is well-maintained! The view is stunning! Worth doing !

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Skydiving is never cheap, in fact this was a Huge chunk out of our budget. But it had to be done! They were great as they let you keep postponing and so we waited until we got the perfect weather - I believe there were three clouds on the horizon but otherwise just gorgeous blue! Taupo is sucg a special place as you see Ruapehu, Ngauruhoe and Tongariro as well as the lake and township. It is incredibly cool and gets your adrenilin going when you do the freefall whilst once the parachute is up you get to enjoy the gorgeous scenery. A great team, a great plane journey and we paid extea for the freefall video and photos - great for a laugh! Would definately recomend.

1 Thank Travellers1920
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A thrill unmatched by any other activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I, along with 2 friends, decided that I couldn't leave NZ without trying either a bungee jump or skydive. We (sensibly) decided that a 15,000ft freefall was going to be more exciting and better value than a ~200ft fall with a rope tied to our feet, and this was the best decision we could have made. 2 of us went for the freefall dvd package, which was expensive but probably worthwhile addition. The staff were very enthusiastic and encouraging, the safety element was reassuringly emphasised repeatedly, and despite a 2 hour delay because of clouds, our excitement wasn't dampened. The jump itself was a surreal, hard-to-describe experience, but once you get accustomed to the fact that you are falling at ~200km/h (which takes about 5-10 seconds) we had another 45 seconds to savour the thrill of plummeting towards the ground, coupled with stunning views all around. Once the parachute deploys, you have about 5mins to enjoy the scenery whilst you drift gently back to the ground, and savour the thrill you have just experienced. Amazing.

1 Thank Finbarr M
King's Lynn, norfolk, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME SKYDIVING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Taupo tandem skydive, one of the best things I have ever done in my life, from start to finish I felt totally safe and at ease, Freddie, my tandem master had completed over 20 000 jumps, he checked and double checked all my harness until he was satisfied it was perfect. I opted for the 12000 ft jump and it was awesome..... ....after the initial shock of jumping out of a perfectly good plane, that took my breath away...literally. The freefall was amazing and the cameraman was great interacting with me to get the best shots. When the tandem master pulled the chute and everything slowed down the view was spectacular over the beautiful Taupo lakes and hills ....I didn't stop smiling from start to finish.
......And from start to finish this was a great day.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Esther C
The Hague, The Netherlands
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Heavenly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've always wanted to fall through the clouds and I did exactly that. I did my send and third sky dives here. Both were brilliant, but the third was definitely the best. Wanaka has the view, Taupo has the attitude. I knew I was in good hands the minute I walked in the door. The whole team was extremely professional, friendly, helpful ... I look forward to coming back for a solo dive - or two or three.