“Nothing will top the feeling of pure fear, amazement and adrenaline!”
Review of Skydive Taupo

Skydive Taupo
Ranked #2 of 65 Outdoor Activities in Taupo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We will pick you up in town in our exclusive LIMOSINE and take you to the most incredible drop zone, where the views are amazing even from the ground. If you prefer to drive over, we do have free parking on site. With one our expert tandem skydive instructors you’ll jump out of our almighty aircraft - Pinky - from a chosen height into an incredible freefall overlooking the most stunning views, surrounded by snow tipped peaks and the fresh blue of lake Taupo, you’ll slow from a 200kph descent to a safe, controlled canopy landing. Sure to be one of the most memorable experiences of your life, you have the option to have your skydive filmed and edited with the soundtrack of your choice, so you can share the experience with your friends and family! If you're looking for the ultimate heart-pounding thrill ride, you definitely need to book this amazing Skydive Taupo experience! 100% NZ owned and operated, our team's major focus are safety and and customer service. We guarantee you'll have 'the experience of a lifetime'
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The crew are amazing. They are so admirable the way they deal with customers and the ever changing weather conditions. Ours got called off two days in a row but with only the clouds to blame! Once we did it the view was well worth the wait ! Awesome sunny day! I have always wanted to skydive but I was absolutely petrified when we got there! Thanks to the girls on the desk! Kate and Sophie I believe! And a MASSIVE thank you to Ricky who was my jump master! If you weren't so reassuring and nice then I might have backed out. The coolest and nicest dude out! a big thanks to my camera man too! the pics came out AWESOME. A once in a lifetime experience! Best thing we have ever done and nothing will ever top that rush of adrenaline! a pretty good 21st present for my man!!:) I work in adventure tourism in Rotorua and I will be singing your praises for a long time! Thanks again guys:)

1  Thank Ashica W
FreefallSkydive, Manager at Skydive Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

HI Ash

I am so pleased you enjoyed your jump! The weather can be really frustrating this time of year but am pleased that you stuck it out and managed to jump. As you know its definitely worth the wait! Will pass on your comments to the team!

Thanks again

"once in a lifetime"
in 15 reviews
"bucket list"
in 20 reviews
"best experiences of my life"
in 8 reviews
"safety briefing"
in 8 reviews
"kiwi experience"

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is really a good palce to do your skydive! If you wanna be the only one on your Video, than you have to go to them! Absolutely amazing jump with Andrew who is probably deaf now, because I screamed like hell! :D BUt he did an amazing job and got me save to the ground! HIghly recomended because they are highly proffesional and you can feel that!!!!

FreefallSkydive, Manager at Skydive Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. Dont worry about Andrew's hearing - I can assure you he is fine! Im glad you commented on your video as we do pride ourselves in the fact that they are individual as it does make it a more 'personal experience' for you. Maybe see you again sometime?

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was in Taupo and March. I called Skydive Taupo and they were able to fit me in that day. My non-jumping friend came with me and she was able to stay with me as I put the jumpsuit on and took pictures of me getting on the plane. I originally planned on doing the 12,000 foot jump but was talked into the 15,000 foot jump since staff said for a first jump, it takes about 30 seconds for your brain to register what is happening. I opted for a separate jumper to take video and photo footage. The free t-shirt was a nice bonus as well. My instructor was very nice, friendly, and reassuring. It was an awesome first experience and I highly recommend this company! There is also a coupon in an AA magazine for a discount on the photo/video package.

FreefallSkydive, Manager at Skydive Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

HI there,

Many thanks for your review. I bet you're pleased you went to 15,000 feet in the end as it does go pretty quickly doesnt it? Glad you like your free t-shirt! Maybe we can convince your friend to come back and jump?

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My friends and I went on a 2-week trip to New Zealand and jumping with Skydive Taupo was the highlight! Great service from the lady who drove the limo and picked us up from our hostel. Also great service from the ladies who gave us our briefing and manned the counter. They were very good at their jobs, and warm and friendly.

My tandem master was Chris and he was THE BEST! My friends and I (there were 7 of us) were comparing notes afterwards and watching our videos, and Chris stood out. He was professional/ reassuring and friendly. He did a great job with my video and photos and was an excellent guide (pointing out and explaining the sights in Taupo when we were up in the air!).

A must-do for anyone travelling to NZ!

1  Thank Trocio
FreefallSkydive, Manager at Skydive Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

HI there

Many thanks for your kind words. Our girls on reception, love their job and really enjoy meeting new people. They also know how nerve racking your first skydive is, so try to make your experience as amazing as possible.

I will pass on your regards to Chris. Im really pleased your enjoyed your experience with us. Maybe see you again sometime?