“Great stay, amazing host”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Acacia Bay Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taupo
Acacia Bay Lodge
Ranked #27 of 41 Taupo B&B and Inns
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Great stay, amazing host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

One of the best B&B's we've ever stayed at. Room was great with a stunning view. Deb is an amazing host and is so friendly and makes you feel like you are part of the family. She gave us great places to visit in the area that made our trip really special. If you are staying in Taupo this is the place to stay! Have already mentioned to friends who will be traveling to New Zealand in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed about six days with Deb, and it was more akin to visiting friends than staying at a B&B. The room, the views, the overall size of the property, and her dog Baxter were sensational and only matched by Deb's charm and sense of humour.

I could not recommend this place more, it was a fantastic experience and such a change from lonely and sanitised hotel rooms.

I will be back and this would be my first pick to stay - no need to look elsewhere.

I also note just now one negative review out of many, and note that the woman did not stay at Acacia Lodge. It sounds like she made the booking mistake and is a bit deranged!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ManlyManSydney
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Deb, the owner, was very gracious and "over the top" during a recent stay in Taupo for a golf holiday! I stayed here before and I will stay here again since in my opinion it's the best available especially since the Wairakei and Kinloch GC are closeby. By the way, Deb has a 14 handicap so is very informed of the local golf opportunities. The breakfasts were great and plentiful! Modern and spacious room and bathroom.

Room Tip: No fitness centre or pool here but ask for the Terrace Room and have breakfast on the Terrace with a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank R C
auckland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I wish to review not the facilities of this establisheMent but the ethical actions of the operator Deb. she took a cancellation for a booking that was not at her establishMent not once but 3 tiMes and never bothered to Mention that i was contacting the wrong lodge. the naMes were siMilar..acacia bay lodge and acacia bay lakefront both a B and B. as such the booking at the correct establishMent but left in place and i was contacted by their operators on the day of arrival to see why i had not turned up. when i called Deb her response to Me was ..how is this My probleM.???
so you Make your decisions as to whether or not this is the kind of person you want to deal with and give your business to. she also told Me that " Taupo was better off without people like Me or My kind" when i said i thought she was incoMpetent for having done what she did., but i think it was deliberate.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank diiya P
temoenga, Owner at Acacia Bay Lodge, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
This comment upsets me as this woman was extremely rude and abusive over the phone. She did not have a booking at my lodge however when she called to cancel thinking this was her accommodation, I genuinely mistook her cancellation for one of my clients who also cancelled at the same time (an honest mistake on my behalf). There was no need for her abusive phone calls as she did not give me a chance to explain what had obviously happened. I run a family B&B and enjoy having friendly people staying with me. I hope by reading all the other reviews you will have a realistic idea of my accommodation and how I enjoy interacting with my guests.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Lovely b&b with well loved gardens and peaceful views of the lake and surrounding countryside. We were treated warmly by not only Deb but by her host pets who greeted us when we arrived! Deb was a wonderful host offering the comfort of her home, tasty breakfasts, comfotable bed, and tips for activities. She even arranged a golf game for my husband. Definitely highly recommend the whole experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

First Class! Private tennis court, world class golf nearby, Lake Taupo and Deb is a fantastic hostess! Simply the best! There is a large fireplace and sitting room. A wonderful billiard room and bar. Deb is very detailed in keeping her place spotless. Enjoyed it very much. Wonderful sunrise views too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Nelson NZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

A very comfortable Bed and Breakfast place. Large home with a huge guest bathroom.
One hectare (2.5 acres) of grounds. We only stayed the one night but would like to have
stayed for much longer. Excellent service and a great breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple