“not even open”
Review of Taupo Horse Treks

Taupo Horse Treks
Ranked #26 of 48 Tours in Taupo
More attraction details
Owner description: Horse trekking through forest trails, on safe horses, where the song of the shy Tui welcomes you to the Wairakei forest. With breath taking views of the Craters of the Moon and Mt Ruapehu in the background. All treks are guided by capable guides and the treks are suitable for all levels of experience. Our aim is to provide fun for all who ride, in a safe and organised manner.
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This attraction does not even exist anymore, just cobwebs over the windows......
We went to an information booth and they did not even have any idea if or when the horses operate
very dissapointing we had planned this for weeks

5  Thank jason w
in 9 reviews
"trotting"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The staff at Taupo Horse Treks were extremely friendly, knowledgeable and thorough in their work. As a first time rider I felt extremely confident in my guides ability. The trek itself is absolutely gorgeous and you have some incredible views. Would highly recommend! Suitable for all ages

1  Thank tabbielou
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was driving past on a day trip to Taupo prior to returning to Australia after a year working in NZ. I drove past on my way to Craters of the Moon and after a quick peek over the fence at COTM decided I couldn't be bothered. On the drive out, I stopped at Taupo Horse Treks and asked but not expecting when their rides went only to be told there was one leaving in 5 minutes and I was welcome to join it. There was only one other ride, another Australian girl who could also ride and our guide took us on a fantastic trek which was suited to our riding capabilities. I was given a lovely mare to ride who had a mouth like silk and was beautifully responsive to the slightest aid. i didn't want to give her back. Can't wait to go back again and go on a longer jaunt.

1  Thank princess_tatsuta
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Fantastic place, not overly touristy looking but the staff were great and helpful, we had a blast and would definitely go back and do it again.

1  Thank WanganuiTabs
See more reviews
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We booked a horse trek with this company at 9:30 on 18 December for my daughters birthday. It rained for a few days before the day and was raining on the morning of the 18th. Despite the fact that we had given our contact phone number. We didnt discover that the proprietor had decided they were not going to take us on our trek, until we were standing outside the building at 9:35, when I phoned them.

It seems the horses are not water proof.

2  Thank Aaron S