Mountain View Motel
Wairakei Resort Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
Hilton Lake Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$166
$156
  • Pool
$137
$104
Official Site
Cascades Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$92
Travelocity
$247
$219
Priceline
Acapulco Motor Inn(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$75
$67
Priceline
The Lake Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
Baycrest Lodge(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$141
HotelQuickly
All reviewsshort walkquiet locationstayed herecomfortable bedswifimotelcbdtoasterlakefacilities
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I travelled around the North Island with a pet paying approx 90 to 130 NZ$ per night. At $115 NZ this was one of the better motels. The unit was clean, comfortable and spacious. The lady/owner was friendly and helpful, did not have extra surcharges for the pet and was generous with the WiFi.
I would not hesitate in staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is a small motel block and has good car parking. The unit I had was large, quite well equiped, very clean, comfortable and had a car park space right outside the door. It was a ground floor unit so I did not actually have a view of the mountain but in the middle of winter that was not a problem. The bed was very comfortable. It is within about ten minutes walk to the shopping area and restraunts. I consider that that this would be good accommodation for a longer stay than my one night. A very enjoyable stay and lovely hosts.

Room Tip: I would suggest that anyone staying for more than one night to ask for a unit upstairs so as to be able to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ruakakakiwi
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently sayed at the Mountain View Motel in Taupo and was very impressed with the level of service from the motel owners. Cathy the owner met me at the airport and was cheerful, friendly and very helpful. I would recommend the cooked breakfast as one of the best I have had at a NZ motel.

Room Tip: The motel is on a very quiet sidestreet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We secured an upstairs family room during the busy Christmas-New Year period. Although a non-smoking room, the room smelled of smoke. There was no kitchenette, only the bathroom sink for washing up. The room was pretty tired with a small old TV, and was not overly clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2012

First of all, I need to point out that most Taupo motels/hotels charge way too much. I travel througout NZ quite a lot and average motel price is at $90/night median. Most motels in NZ are about the same.
For some reason Taupo motel owners think that the can charge $125 and up. Not sure why, as I constantly see "Vacancy" signs on all of them. Surely, one would consider lowering to price to National average level, as it's better to make $90/night vs. making ZERO dollars.

Mountain View motel was offering the best rate ($100/night), so I booked it based on that and it's location: pretty much right in CBD, walking distace to everywhere.
Straight away I found owners very friendly,helpful and obliging, as I called to ask for early check-in and was told they will be happy to do it for me.
Upon arrival, I discovered that motel is located on lovely quiet residential street and has plenty of parking off and on-street (they even advertise boat parking).
The unit was quite spacious and very clean. I am travelling by myself, but apreciated the fact that there was a separate lounge room and a bedroom. It actually would comfortably sleep 4 people (2 single beds in addition to a queen bed).
There were microwave, toaster, fridge and dishes available in the unit. I don't ever cook-I much prefer to eat out, but I like having plates and knives available in addition to tea cups and spoons,as I do enjoy a cheese plate with a glass of wine in the evenings.
I've stayed 2 ights and found the place to be quiet and peaceful.
It is only a 3 min walk to the lake front and to CBD.
I'd say great value for money, especially considering what other motels charge and some of those offer LESS (I've stayed in few in Taupo).
I would highly recommend this place

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo